Buffalo Big Dance

Only 5 guard members.

I can't clap for anybody tonight since the judges are all up here with me.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice baritone solo to start the second piece of the show. The soloist is framed by the guard as they do some body movement. Now the guard is using some interesting three-pronged yellow pieces of equipment. One member has wheeled out a road sign with the same symbol, then changes it to a question mark.

The corps has spread out to cover the field from the 10 yard line to 10 yard line. A brass choir is up front playing with the pit.

Drill is pretty clean, although the demand is partly the reason, but the corps has good posture and form as they march. A very strong first competitive year for Legends so far.

Baritone soloist is back. Great tone! Corps is now moving up front, horns around the 40 on side one, drums around the 40 on side two and farther back on the field.

Bass drums start the next piece with a solo. They might be the strongest section of the drums. Guard is now on rifles and up front. The road sign is on the 40, side one, front side, and has what looks like the Blue Stars insignia, just black on a yellow background.

This late into the show, I'm starting to see some members tire. They're still putting out all the sound they can, though, but I'm starting to lose sections of the horn line as they lose endurance.

Strong finish to the show. Great job, Legends! You've set a great foundation to build on and I'm already looking forward to see you next year.

The symbol on the road sign, by the way, is the Legends insignia.

The show is off to a great start. Any rain which was in the area has let up, at least for the time being, and the crowd is very receptive to what they're watching. I can't see the crowd from up here so I can't give you an idea of how big they are.

Les Stentors are up next. They have taken the field and are warming up.