The Academy, Official 2008 Discussion Thread

Academy will never lose the ability to draw members because THERE ARE NO CORPS NEAR ARIZONA!
I'm sorry, I guess I missed where because there is a corps from your home state you have to march them.....

:thumbup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with AzEuph. . . I don't think they will lose their ability to get members. And nobody ever said that because Academy is in Arizona that members in Arizona have to march Academy did they? I don't think anybody did. . But I have a feeling with how the organization is growing that more Arizona students will want to join. From everything that I have seen/heard about The Academy there is a lot of great stuff going on. How could someone not want to be a part of a great organization that is growing? Especially with how young it is right now. They will be able to look back on it 10, 20, 30. . how every many years down the road and say. . . I helped build that. . How many students out there today marching will actually be able to say that how ever many years from now? Not very many. . . So I hope all the members who are marching with The Academy right now, realize where they are marching is somewhere truly special. Take advantage of being able to create the name and the legacy which all the current marching members of many other corps just walked into, since it was already made for them.

I enjoyed watching and listening to their show this season. And as low as they might have placed I think they had a great show and will be even better next year. . . They keep growing every year and I can't wait to see their full potential in the next few years!

Great Job Academy! Thank you for an entertaining show!

Well it is good to see that we are still getting talked about. The 2009 season begins at Midnight!!! Go Academy!!!

I agree with AzEuph. . . I don't think they will lose their ability to get members. And nobody ever said that because Academy is in Arizona that members in Arizona have to march Academy did they? I don't think anybody did.

Somebody made a comment that I'm from Arizona, yet I marched corps from Ohio and California. But in general I have had people assume I marched AA because of my sig, that is one reason why I finally decided to list my corps.

Maybe the battery could be larger...

So are they still going to use Pat and Sam? I heard somewhere that they weren't. Hopefully they stay on as part of the instructional team, even if they are no longer the arrangers.

Resisting....I'm resisting....not...giving....into....temptation.....

Whew....that was tough.