Jacksonville Juicebar

The Colts must be INSANE for performing at this show tonight.... Don't they realize what happened the last time they performed at JSU??? :tongue:

Do tell.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really offer much in the way of detailed reviews. My wife and I are the show coordinators and I've been busy putting out the little fires that always pop up during a show. Even if I had the luxury of sitting down and really watching all the corps, I'm afraid my reviews would only be filled with positives and no negatives about any of the corps. Those kids are awesome and are ALL winners in my book.

What a wonderful attitude - luv ya man!! :tongue:

Do tell.....

Yours truly got KO'd in the middle of the field

SCV just started their show. Some nut in the yelled "Go Peanut" really loud just before they began. :tongue:

Again, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

she is a little home sick.

Yours truly got KO'd in the middle of the field

What a story to tell the grand kids some day!! :tongue:

Let me first say thank you, thank you and thank you again from the Colts. The people of Swannanoa were just amazing when they were there a few weeks ago. The generosity of strangers is unbelievable sometimes!!!! :worthy:

I last saw them (and my daughter) when they were in Valdosta, GA, and I won't see them until August 5th!!!! I have heard all about the changes (basically the entire show) and cannot wait to see them!!!

Yes it will be interesting to see if Colts are a little cleaner tonight. They just put the intro and part of the ballad in yesterday morning :tongue: so hopefully a better score tonight!!!

Thank you again on behalf of the corps.

It was not a problem at all. As I said, I'll be there in the morning volunteering my discount card at the local supermarket chain! Wouldn't it be fun if they gave the corps a grocery night here?

The high school and middle school band director in the Swannanoa (known locally as Swanna-nowhere) district are guys I've known for 15-20 years and they are drum corps friendly. The assistant principal at the middle school that did the housing was a classmate of mine in college 25 years ago. He is a former band director and also drum corps friendly. They jumped at the chance to house a corps and I, from past experience on tour, know the Colts to be really good ambassadors for the activity in areas that are not very familiar with drum corps. The fruit, by-the-way, was courtesy of a local business woman who has taught some color guard and is a former Carolina Crown mom and cook truck volunteer. She was delighted to have a corps housed in her backyard and, having seen random acts of kindness bestowed on her son when he marched, was eager to repay the favor for someone else's kids.

Is this a great activity or what?

My only regret is that I'll have to take off around 3pm tomorrow. I promised my wife (whom I first met on a drum corps tour 20 years ago) weeks ago that I would take her over to the Sevierville, TN show tomorrow night........the babysitter is lined up and we know better than to back out of a babysitter opportunity!