DCA-SOUTH TOUR 08

Who said there were lights ???? :tongue:

Back where I come from (just a little north and west of Hendersonville) we just turn all the pickup trucks toward the the area and turn on the headlights. Creates the venue and ambiance for whatever the occasion; cornfield party, band practice, etc.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean, you're making me want to bring back the comments about Hillbilly Hell again...

Back where I come from (just a little north and west of Hendersonville) we just turn all the pickup trucks toward the the area and turn on the headlights. Creates the venue and ambiance for whatever the occasion; cornfield party, band practice, etc.

I actually recall performing at a show like that many years ago. the effect was cool, but not that I want to do it again.

Speaking of lights....

Why were there only lights on the front side of the stadium and not the backside? It made yardlines a little difficult to see at some points in the show.

Not really sure but I heard there was some kind of electrical problem with the switch or something and they simply wouldn't come on. I know it was quite a shock to walk out onto the field and see no yardlines, hashes or anything unless you were facing backfield. It also made it very difficult to read the yard markers on the sideline.

And fun was had by all!!!!! :tongue:

Hef is correct. The backfield lights had a wiring problem, and when they tried to turn them on, sparks shot out from the wiring. The wires themselves started to burn so they shut them down. MCM3 might need to move down the road to a better stadium...

Edited by Reed

Speaking of lights....

Why were there only lights on the front side of the stadium and not the backside? It made yardlines a little difficult to see at some points in the show.

Who would known a little "HAHA"comment would come to fruition! Remind me never to prophecise again!! :smile::smile:

To answer the question.... When the lights were switched on, the back lights zapped out. They recycled the lights, but a wire on the far left light fried!! so we should have drove some cars up to the field! :tongue:

But other than that a GREAT night of Drum Corps Entertainement, between the DCI Open Class corps'and our DCA-South corps'.. and Ed got his Wing House sauce..

See ya all in GEORGIA!!

Edited by DCASouth

and Ed got his Wing House sauce..

My taste buds thank you very much,,My rear,,,,not so much :tongue:

Who would known a little "HAHA"comment would come to fruition! Remind me never to prophecise again!! :smile::smile:

To answer the question.... When the lights were switched on, the back lights zapped out. They recycled the lights, but a wire on the far left light fried!! so we should have drove some cars up to the field! :tongue:

But other than that a GREAT night of Drum Corps Entertainement, between the DCI Open Class corps'and our DCA-South corps'.. and Ed got his Wing House sauce..

See ya all in GEORGIA!!

Figured it had to be some kind of malfunction.

Lucky the Cadets weren't there or Hoppy would have made you tear down the poles and put in new ones....or re-paint the hashes with glow in the dark paint.

:smile: