Westchester Bistro

Just got home from the show! Had a great time! I was on the 10 yard line and Crown & Devs were super loud even there!

Btw, INT got extra time tonight with no penalty. They went on and on and on for 40 minutes!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home here too. Had to leave early due to distance and traffic, but Crown's show was fantastic tonight. Nice subtle changes.

The corps were all great. But from an operational standpoint, I have to say that show was the biggest cluster fornication I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I arrived on the West Chester campus at 6:50 PM and parked my car at 7:30 PM. Total distance between the edge of campus and my parking spot was 1.1 miles. There was absolutely no traffic control or direction to be found until right in front of the stadium. And when we finally got all the way down there, the parking lot next to the stadium was full and we were redirected into an adjacent apartment complex. Then once we got to our seats (after missing the first two corps), the rest of the first half of the show was spent with people sitting in the aisles (when they weren't standing and blocking the view, or coming up the stairs with pizza mid-show) either because tickets were double-printed or there were people sitting in seats that weren't theirs.

Fortunately things settled down somewhat for the second half, but this show was a major FAIL for YEA in terms of operations for the fans. This is a stadium that hosts several college football games per year with at least this many fans, if not more, and there is undoubtedly much available in terms of resources from WCU itself for handling an event there. Obviously YEA chose not to take advantage of that. I know it's a challenge to put these shows on, but YEA has been doing this for more than 10 years and should have figured it out by now. I can't see myself attending another YEA show unless I've heard from someone else that they've gone to a future one with no problems.

Just got home here too. Had to leave early due to distance and traffic, but Crown's show was fantastic tonight. Nice subtle changes.

Changes? Like....

Certainly not to take anything away from Glassmen, but I wonder what's happening here with BK... To be up by points less than a week ago to suddenly down isn't very typical.

I'm really hoping they can slide back up into 8th.

Back from the show -- I'll post a full review tomorrow.

But, I have to agree that this was one of the absolute worst show experiences I have ever had! The fact that they added an extra half hour to the intermission and I still couldn't get out of my seat to go to the restroom or get a drink was absurd -- absolutely no show support at all. People standing in the aisles blocking traffic up and down, with abosolutely no one keeping the crowds moving. Don't plan on returning next year.

As for the show, I thought BD seemed ragged tonight -- musically and (surprisingly) visually -- not what I expected from an undefeated BD this late in the season. Crown was hot -- but please drop the attmpted cutesy little bow and squat from the corps proper at the end of the Hungarian Rhapsody bit -- just a bit over the top for my taste. Really liked BK and feel like they simply aren't getting proper credit for what they're achieving, had them well above G-Men tonight.

I'll post more tomorrow, but I have to say that the biggest disappointment of the night for me (a Cadets fan to the nth degree over the years) was the show that I saw from the Cadets tonight. It was truly a painful experience.

Thanks everyone for a really fun time tonight and some really awsome posts I'm going to really miss this after the season ends ! :thumbup::tongue:

I'll post more tomorrow, but I have to say that the biggest disappointment of the night for me (a Cadets fan to the nth degree over the years) was the show that I saw from the Cadets tonight. It was truly a painful experience.

I'm the same as a Cadets fan but they've disappointed me every year since 2003, really. I've always felt one of the best things in DCI was a Cadets ballad, but they haven't done one since 2002 that didn't have a bunch of talking or moaning or whatever over top of it. They disappointed me a little less this year, because I tried really really hard to block out the talking and imagine what the music would sound like without said talking, and it reminded me of the good old Cadets. This was the first show I attended since Allentown 2005. I stopped going after that because everyone was talking and I hated it. Just absolutely hated it. But now it's three years later and my kids are old enough to at least enjoy themselves, so I wanted to take them out and show them DCI. I was pleasantly surprised to see so much less talking going on. I just don't understand why the Cadets feel like they have to continue to do it. I really, really hope they don't do all this talking under the Holy Name moniker. That would just be sad.