Housing for semis and finals

i would assume every corps has housing until Saturday in anticipation of attending the World Class events as well as wherever they place in Open Class (though I could be wrong, I would hope they would). Presumably they would all head down after Michigan City so those who participate in I&E on Wednesday would be closer to Indy.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but will housing change if a corps advances to semis and finals? Or will all corps stay in Michigan City regardless? If any corps are moving upon advancing, does anyone know where some might be staying? Thanks~

A couple of the corps are leaving Michigan City for Bloomington on Tuesday night. The rest of them are leaving Wednesday morning.

Mike

Thanks for the tips. Anyone know any housing sites confirmed?

Back in February, I have heard that DCI is providing housing only for the top 17 of Open Class. I heard the rest have to find housing.

well DCI provides housing on show days, so theoretically only 17 would be moving on, however i doubt that is the case, since we won't know until after Tuesday who those 17 are and with DCI trying to be on top of things in the last few years (making sure who goes where and all logistics are solved way ahead of time), I doubt they'd leave that question mark open until the last second. if it were true, not only would you have to wonder who is going on, they would then have to figure out who goes to what site. and then the rest would be stranded. i assume it's all been taken care of already.

Back in February, I have heard that DCI is providing housing only for the top 17 of Open Class. I heard the rest have to find housing.

This is absolutely true. DCI housing coordinator Jeff Cox advised all the open class corps at the Janaury meeting that only those corps that advance will be housed for semis and finals. Therefore, corps were advised to secure 'back up housing' if they believed they would not move on beyond prelims. The housing sites were arranged in advance and will be assigned after prelims.

From what I've been told by one of the Open directors, they find out today what their housing site will be. Kind of inconvenient, but I understand the necessity on Jeff Cox' end. You have sites to house 17 corps but don't know WHICH 17 corps will be moving on? You can see the dilemna.