Real World Finals

ajw

just to pipe in just getting back from Allentown--my two cents

People who are saying look out for Phantom are so RIGHT! I AM SPARTACUS! Its catching on! The way the drum major enters--then is killed--from start to finish this show kicks some YOU KNOW WHAT (it wont get posted here anyway--lol) INCREDIBLE! The guard is abused the whole time and then when they attack the corps--its awesome...and honestly Crown is a very close second in my opinion--along with many other people I overheard saying how much better those two were than Blue Devils or Cavies. Now I dont know about "better". All are very well done--but I just dont think BD reaches the average fan and it seemed to lack Friday. I still thought they beat Cavies--but as we talked about it (lori and I) we said the thing about Cavies is it all fits so well together--it is very well done. Just not as accessible as PR or CC. All four shows COULD win in my opinion which blows my mind!

The other "upset" Friday everyone was talking about (and yes I have a slight east coast bias) was Boston dropping lower...They should be ahead of Blue Knights and Glassmen consistently. Everyone else seems to be about where they should be--even SCV has a great show even though I dont think it should beat anyone it isnt. Cadets are one of my favorite corps--yet this year while improved from the beginning still leaves me saying I want something more of old then this new Cadets--amp or not--its not really about that--its the overall style...

lastly Ill mention Bluecoats...I have to say it--its very well done--no doubt and while its not last years Criminal to me at all--its a solid show--but just like the Rocky movie--it is a bit cheesy at times! LOL inspirational yet--CHEESY....but I still BLOOOO'd

thats my report in from Allentown!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Phantom in Toledo last night...

Holy crap was that amazing.

I wish I could see that live. I guess I'll have to settle for a movie theatre and a computer screen.

Its one for the ages I assure you!

I saw Phantom in Toledo last night...

Holy crap was that amazing.

I haven't seen Phantom live yet but I did see BD in Massillon last night. Double holy crap.

Having seen Cavies, Carolina and now BD, I think it will be a coin flip Saturday night. I love Crown and I'm not sure they can hang with Cavies or BD but you never know. I can't wait to check out the Phantom show and be able to compare all four in one sitting.

What a year!

Edited by ccollins792

Who's heading up there for Finals. I'm going and it'd be cool to meet some others.

I'm going for Quarters and Semis. I'm staying in Bloomington.

To my jubilant surprise, the Phantom Regiment caravan was parked outside Ferndale High School less than a mile from my house today. I was able to stop by with my family after work and watch a few hours of ensemble rehearsal. It was probably the best present I could get this week!

My 10 month old son loved it, he was conducting with a straw and sang through the entire run through.

The corps drives to Indiana tonight.

To my jubilant surprise, the Phantom Regiment caravan was parked outside Ferndale High School less than a mile from my house today. I was able to stop by with my family after work and watch a few hours of ensemble rehearsal. It was probably the best present I could get this week!

My 10 month old son loved it, he was conducting with a straw and sang through the entire run through.

The corps drives to Indiana tonight.

Nice!

Not far from where I grew up on Berkley. Would have been cool to check them out.

BTW We'll be in Bloomington for all shows. Gotta root my son on to semis with the troop!

Hope the Troopers do well they deserve a semi finals show, They are improving hope it's enough. GO TROOP :tongue:

Nice!

Not far from where I grew up on Berkley. Would have been cool to check them out.

BTW We'll be in Bloomington for all shows. Gotta root my son on to semis with the troop!