Finals Week Housing / Rehearsal Sites

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown will be housed at Binford Elementary with morning and early afternoon rehearsals there as of Wednesday. Mid to late afternoon ensemble rehearsals will be at Bloomington High School South (BHSS) and rehearsal all day Saturday will be at South as well. BHSS is located on South Walnut Street. No rehearsal Wed. PM as they will be holding their yearly banquet and age-out celebration.

Bloomington housing locations and distance to the stadium (701 E 17th St) according to Google Maps. Travel time may be understated for those going longer distances, since these are not all accessed by open highways. I can’t find some of the locations, so if you have updates, please post!

Academy....

Bluecoats...Bedford…30.3 mi – about 44 mins

Blue Devils...Indianapolis…54.5 mi – about 1 hour 10 mins

Blue Knights...

Blue Stars...Indianapolis…8.0 mi – about 16 mins

Boston...Clay City…37.3 mi – about 55 mins

Cadets...Pendleton…85.8 mi – about 1 hour 47 mins

Cavaliers...Beech Grove…51.6 mi – about 1 hour 11 mins

Colts...Bloomington…5.0 mi – about 13 mins

Crossmen...Trafalgar…34.6 mi – about 53 mins

Crown...Bloomington…2.9 mi – about 7 mins

Glassmen...

Madison....Vincennes…76.5 mi – about 1 hour 59 mins

Mandarins...

Pacific Crest…

Phantom...Paoli…50.0 mi –

about 1 hour 8 mins

Pioneer...

SCV...Carmel…72.4 mi – about 1 hour 32 mins

Spirit...Indianapolis…51.4 mi – about 1 hour 8 mins

Troopers... Bloomington…5.5 mi – about 15 mins

Wow, I've traveled from Indy to Bloomington MANY times - sure never made it in 16 minutes !!!! Blue Stars must have those bikes powered with jet fuel or something! :thumbup::worthy:

I do know that several corps will find their housing sites out on Tuesday!! Wow!

I would like to point out that while the Bluecoats are housing at Bedford North Lawrence High School, the snare one right off center went to high school there, and this is his age out year. He's been in drum corps since he was 14 and his housing site during finals week in his age out year is his native high school.

If any of you are interested in coming to watch the Bluecoats at their housing site, it is only a half hour south of Bloomington. You can get their either by taking 446 or 37. 446 is a very nice drive through the Hoosier National Forest, going across Lake Monroe. I'd highly recommend it. You will turn right turning into Heltonville and you take 58 to the high school. There should be readily available parking.

Interesting...Crown's DM is staying at his former elementary school, with rehearsals and age-out banquet at his former HS. In drum corps also since age 14 and aging out this yr as well.

Phantom's reherrals are closed to the Public. What do they have cops there arresting people? I guess they could make me a slave... but I'd be slave to any of their guard ladies anyday!

Phantom Regiment is staying at Paoli Jr.-Sr. HS.

501 Elm St.

Paoli, IN 47454

(812) 723-3905

i'll be driving through Paoli on my way to Bloomington. too bad it's a closed practice ;(

lukenorris Posted Today, 12:40 AM

Phantom's reherrals are closed to the Public. What do they have cops there arresting people? I guess they could make me a slave... but I'd be slave to any of their guard ladies anyday

i guess they just don't want to be interrupted...plus all that other "top secret stuff" they'll be doing. :thumbup:

Phantom's reherrals are closed to the Public. What do they have cops there arresting people? I guess they could make me a slave... but I'd be slave to any of their guard ladies anyday!

When they see your car pull in, they will come up to you and remind you that the rehearsals are closed and ask you to leave. If they are rehearsing in a stadium, they very well may lock the gates of the stadium so that no one can approach. It is also not uncommon for corps to stay at one school and travel to a remote rehearsal site that very few people even within the support staff on tour with them at the time know the location of. In '89, we traveled to a set of soccer fields 30 minutes away from the school we were staying at and had morning and afternoon rehearsals there everyday of finals week. Only the drivers and corps director knewn where it was and how to get there.

Wow, I've traveled from Indy to Bloomington MANY times - sure never made it in 16 minutes !!!! Blue Stars must have those bikes powered with jet fuel or something! :worthy: :worthy:

I do know that several corps will find their housing sites out on Tuesday!! Wow!

The mileage sounds about right from where they are at, which is the Star rehearsal site. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's in Indy though. More like right outside Bloomington's North side. So... probably just a simple mistake.

Edited by Stick Stack