Easiest shows of 2008 to understand

This year there are alot of different themed shows out there. Which corps do you think have the simplest concept to understand just from watching their show.

I think the 2 corps I would have to go with are Blue Stars and Colts this year. I think both of these 2 guards do the best of their ability to portray the themes. Blue Stars is more physical, with the design of the flags(like the handlebar pole) and the props.

Colts have the night and day theme, and I think they probably have the best flag designs out there this year.

Honorable mention would go to Cavaliers, Bluecoats, and Phantom Regiment. All of these are well portrayed, but not quite as recognizable as the Blue Stars and Colts.

Shows like Blue Devils, SCV and Crown are all great shows this year as well, but some of those themes are kind of hard to portray. Some great visual moments from all of them, but it would be hard to watch them not knowing what the theme was, and at the end be able to say, that show was about......

Well, come on. Cadets have to top the list. I mean, they insist on telling you about it while it's going on. If you can't understand the show from that, Heaven help you.

Yeah. I'd list eveyone that you did but add Troopers to the list as well.

The way I see it... and in no particular order...

The Cavaliers

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Troopers

Crossmen

Edit: Because the post below mine makes incredible sense.

Edited by IPlayPercussion

bluecoats are easy to understand, kinda been looked over

other than them:

phantom

troopers

glassmen, not yet mentioned.

crown? (after someone tells you its a search for an ending by a mad composer)

crossmen, come on just X's and the planets...

scouts have good music, but the theme is kind of strange. awesome show other than that

Bluecoats, Phantom, and Crown

bluecoats are easy to understand, kinda been looked over

:wink:

Good call.

I didn't list Cadets as I wouldn't have a clue what that show was about. They tell you, but I am talking about the corps portraying the music and visual to tell you what the show is. Maybe if they played the song from Peanuts(Happiness is...)

Crossmen, I would also probably give them honorable mention. I kind of overlooked them, sorry Bones.

Crown, I am sorry, it is a fantastic show that I would love to see in the top 3, but just listening I would never guess those are all endings. Sure, it is very recognizable music from a variety of places, but I am not sure how many people would know they are all endings of recognizable pieces.