What went through your head

1977: Wow, we did it! (And it was bringing back a corps that had been inactive 4 years before). :smile:

1978: Last time to play a piece of crap chart everyone hated.

1979: Well enough of this stuff one more semester of college and time for the real world. (Man was I off on that one. :doh: ) Oh yeah, don't forget to turn in your stuff before you leave (always kept it in between seasons).

1985 (in exhibition to get on the recording): Here we go again with a rebuilding corps. :tongue:

1979 was the one I remember most as it was held 10 miles from my house and it's the only time my family saw me at Finals. :smile:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 Teal Sound-- Only made it to Prelims, and don't really remember what was going through my head.

2003 Teal Sound-- Made it to Semis, and it was a rollercoaster of emotions because we had a great performance but knew it was our last.

2004 Teal Sound-- Finally performed in Finals after 2 years, but it was bittersweet because my parents couldn't make it.

2005 Spartans-- I was happy about the performance, happier that my glasses that had fallen off didn't get stepped on, and even happier when I got some water. That day was brutal.

2006 Spartans-- I was just happy to be back in Camp Randall, where it all started for me. :smile:

2007 Spartans-- I was a WRECK. I knew we had an amazing performance, but I was crying my eyes out because I knew it was the last time I would ever march with my brother. :tongue:

Edited by DCIguardgal

Marching into the Olympic Stadium in Montreal in '82 - awe inspiring! Look at that crowd reaction for Bridgemen!

Marching into the Orange Bowl in '83 - Wow this grass is thick.

Marching into the stadium at Georgia Tech in '84 - This is it, leave it all on the field, my last shot...

Freelancers

This is something I wrote for a scholarship application.

"I ripped my horn down— sixteen counts. I can hear the anticipation from the crowd rising, they knew

what was coming. We were about to do it— I love that part in the show— the amazing horn move for 8

counts. I can hear the crowd screaming their hearts out for us. I could feel it; the energy all of us were

feeding off each other— the energy we were projecting into the crowd— the energy making it all worth

it. Our commitment to each other, knowing that each and every person is going to do their part and the

trust they have that you are going to do yours. Getting ready I hear a corps member say "Push!" He

knows we're all tired; he is too. Is this what we've worked for the past two and a half months?

This is what it's come down to — these final 30 seconds of the season — I never thought this day

would come. Our last show – our last sunburst – our last time performing for people who love us. Here,

expanding that epic circle for the last time, the crowd is on their feet and I DON'T want them sitting

down. We sound amazing; I'm playing my heart out, I'm leaving it all on the field. We resolved the

chord to the unison E flat— our last show was about to be over.

It ended. Just like that – the crowd went crazy. I just poured my heart and soul into something I just

worked extremely hard for. I can't believe it, I've never been so proud of anything in my entire life.

I left my performance on the field – I had no regrets. I love that feeling; knowing I just tried my

hardest and everybody knows –everybody FEELS that I did. That is the greatest feeling in the world."

Edited by McEuph