Blue Devils take Quarterfinals!

1.A big congratulation to the Concord Blue Devils! I am surprised that I actually enjoyed it. They definitely deserved the title tonight. (Don't get me wrong, I think BD deserved all their championship title from the past!) I don't believe crowd reaction should the major indicator of the scoring. They certainly have the most demanding program among the top 4 corps.

2. I saw the Phantom Regiment's program for the first time!!!! I like it in term of the design, but I am quite disappointed with their music arrangement and the visual book.

3. I am glad the Cadets changed their ending!! I liked the idea ppl said that we could yell "VANGUARD!!!" at their old ending. "And happiness is just.... VANGUARD!!!!!!"

4. I still need to understand the whole difficulty/scoring/execution dilemma. To me, Crown has the easiest visual book among the top 7 corps, especially the drill.

5. I love the Vangard!!! I think they looks terrific visually, especially the Cloudburst. But I do agree that tonight SCV has some major music ensemble problem.

6. For percussion, the Bluecoat is just a joy!

Edited by watersling

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they did take out the ending, the show is VERY incomplete without some sort of "finding of happiness".

A fifth of jack and a couple strippers?

First time seeing any show this year, and here are a few quick thoughts.

1. I thought it should have been between Cavaliers and Phantom. I don't know if I just don't get BD's show, or if it just doesn't connect with me, but I didn't really enjoy it at all.

2. I can't believe how good Crown has become over the past few years. Just an amazing show.

3. I enjoy watching the Bluecoats more than just about any other corps. Their show design is just incredible, and I absolutely loved the boxer theme.

4. The Blue Stars' ending is fantastic, and their whole show is really, really good.

5. Narration aside, the Cadets' show is just "meh." Probably the least memorable show of theirs I've ever seen, which is a shame. Great ending though.

6. I'm no big fan of Phantom, but their show is great and championship caliber (although I'd put Cavvies slightly ahead). And how much fun would it be to be that Drum Major who gets to kill everybody? They should have made him pay double dues.

7. Dennis DeLucia is the most awkward man on the planet.

All in all, it was a great time. All of the top four are incredible, championship-caliber shows, and I really look forward to seeing who comes out on top.

Edited by murphpuppy37

I saw it on the big screens from start to finish

18 bucks to get in 18 more for a hotdog, soda, and popcorn.

Best opening minute...crown..i checked..yep goose bumps

Best closing....pr

Best running around without playing anything..cavaliers..all male corp..holy toledo they were flying around

Best show ...BD the problem I had was that the cameras for the BD show seemed to be in the wrong places. It was almost like the producer had never seen the show before. There was definitely more exciting parts of the show happening when it seemed the camera was close up on something else.

Most impresseed by..blue knights

Show I secretly really like...Vanguard..I'm still baffled why they are not really in the hunt.

The announcers seemed to focus alot on GE being a tell tale sign

I saw the top 3 tied for GE - fine - I think they should add .500 to maybe 1 full point to the judging system - use some decibel meter or something to determine the crowd favorite.

Crowd favorite should get .500 point, .330 for 2nd, .250 for 3rd .100 for 4th. Then maybe the folks that felt PR got robbed tonight had some imput.

Edited by jhallman

Quick takes:

Blue Stars - Incredible show ... Love it, love it, love it!

Colts - Really like 'em ... "Unexpected Song" one of my favorites

Glassmen - Enjoying the show and the fun they're having doing it.

Bluecoats - Even with the mic f-up at the beginning, I love this show, and they really kicked brass tonight.

SCV - I like it, and they march it well.

Cadets - Smart move on the ending. The show works as well as it can, and the ending showcases the corps, which is much better than the show.

Cavies - Don't like the show, but they really brought it tonight and played the #### out of it.

Crown - Again, totally love this show.

Phantom Regiment - I AM SPARTACUS! Any questions? (I really hope they win.)

Blue Devils - What can you say? They're so good it's almost absurd.

3. I am glad the Cadets changed their ending!! I liked the idea ppl said that we could yell "VANGUARD!!!" at their old ending. "And happiness is just.... VANGUARD!!!!!!"

4. I still need to understand the whole difficulty/scoring/execution dilemma. To me, Crown has the easiest visual book among the top 7 corps, especially the drill.

6. For percussion, the Bluecoat is just a joy!

that would be terrible/hilarious.

i just watched the 4-7 corps from allentown and it's definitely true, though i was more impressed than i realized by their music g.e. (which, in a way, IS the show).

hahah, i agree. i think they're definitely being underscored.

i just watched the 4-7 corps from allentown and it's definitely true, though i was more impressed than i realized by their music g.e. (which, in a way, IS the show).

I disagree and the thing that makes it for me is their CG... so many subtle details in there like woah

I don't "get" BD's show, well I guess they're accomplishing their goal, but my thoughts are....

great performance, pretty much perfect execution for the most part. But what I don't understand is how they can put such a deep, kind of heavy music with such a fun show? It just doesn't fit right with me, I guess its sort of risking absurdity. I just don't understand the musical selections with the concept of the silly fun show...