Wait..WHAT?!?!?!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, musically, (if I saw correctly in the theaters) it is reverse of what it overall it is (phantom, Cavies, BD). That's what I think I saw.

Yes, it was absolutely ridiculous. There is no way that BD had the same GE as Phantom or Cavies. Phantom should have been on top of both of them in the GE category. If you heard the crowd during the last minute or so of Phantom's show (including the theater crowd..) you would know what I mean...

Yes, it was absolutely ridiculous. There is no way that BD had the same GE as Phantom or Cavies. Phantom should have been on top of both of them in the GE category. If you heard the crowd during the last minute or so of Phantom's show (including the theater crowd..) you would know what I mean...

No, BD owned GE most of the season, so no real surprise. I still have now clue how a boring show can tie with PR or BD.

No, BD owned GE most of the season, so no real surprise. I still have now clue how a boring show can tie with PR or BD.

Me neither! It's amazing! :smile:

Edited by megadrive

Potatoes vs PoTAHtoes man..

Crowd response isnt what the SCORING is about. Its why we are there! we should all route on our favs and of course its a bummer if it doesnt go our way,

but if crowd noise wins it, then we have to take away alot of former champs. We need to get VK in here and give them they 5 or 6 world championships medals... especially 1992.

Hell, in my 14 years of watching drum corps, my very favorite corps has only won like 3 or 4 times.

Much of the time, my favorite has been in the 3-8 range.

Doesnt make those winners rediculous.

If that were the case, the band from the movie "Drumline" can beat ANYONE we saw tonight.

GE has very little impact on the scores now.

Isn't this what people were asking for? Do I agree with it? Maybe. Do I disagree? Maybe. I remember reading an article about adding the double judge so the influence wasn't bestowed too heavily. It makes sense to a certain point. I don't think we'll see a three way tie for GE in the next two nights though. I think you'll see BD and Regiment pull away from Cavies. BD has been winning GE all season, regardless of placing. Next two days are going to be very interesting. Can't wait to be up in Bloomington for finals!

This is not ridiculous. It's a result of double panels, which make everyone tighter. GE has very little impact on the scores now.

Wrong. Certain judges have a smaller impact on scores....

look how many corps had differences between judge 1 and 2 and how many different combos you could have ended up with had their only been 2 GE judges instead of 4...