James Logan Olympic Performance

Does anyone know when James Logan is performing at the Olympics. Will they be part of tonights opening ceremonies?

Does anyone know when James Logan is performing at the Olympics. Will they be part of tonights opening ceremonies?

From what I understand, they will be a part of the opening ceremony, but I don't know if they'll be performing a colorguard show.

Is this them doing the calligraphy piece?

Is this them doing the calligraphy piece?

I don't think so.

from what i could gather at from online and youtube, they were not doing the actualy opening ceremonies... but performing at various places in china for the opening of the olympics... i could be wrong.. there is some stuff on youtube though...

When I spoke with Scott in Bloomington at semi-finals on Friday night, he said Mark was already back home as the rest of the trip at that point was sight seeing. So........whatever they were doing, they did it early. :drool:

Performers from James Logan along with over 600 students from the West Coast (including students from Beyer, Grace Davis, Fresno State, University of Washington and University of Oregon and other schools) performed with the 1800-member 2008 Olympic Orchestra in the days leading up to the Olympic games for locals and for spectators who were arriving that week including an historic performance on Tiananmen Square and another at the site of the Soccer Trial in Tianjin just before a prelims soccer match. We're working on an article for the September issue of Halftime Magazine about the American Contingent of the group The "Red Hub." Should be out mid-September. www.halftimemag.com

The official website is http://beijing2008olympicorchestra.com/joomla/ for the whole group and you can see video clips from the performance on youtube.

Hope that helps!

Catina