Last time 1st place changed on Finals night

was 1983 the only time its happened..? 15 straight years someone sweeps finals weekend..? :smile:

no not all weekend just friday & saturday. there have been some thursday winners who didn't win the next 2 nights, or to put it another way there have been some eventual winners who didn't win on thursday.

What about Phantom 1996. They were not first in quarters or semis.

Doesn't count.

Question was when was the last time the semifinals winner lost finals. BD won both nights.

I have nothing of any worth to contribute to this thread. Just wanted to commend you on your screen name and signature. I agree completely! LET'S GO HAWKS!!! (And let's stay out of jail this year).

HHaaaa. Well thanks for the commendation. I think our identity thieves and lush gift acceptors have all been accounted for... but as far as I'm concerned we still don't have a quarterback. probably another rebuilding year. :-\. whatev, as long as we beat iowa state i could care less :smile::happy::smile: In any case, I'll be gettin drunk tailgating!! :smile:

:happy::smile::thumbup:

I.E. since the build-up scoring system replaced the tick scoring system, the Friday night winner has never lost Finals night.

Good info, thanks. What year was that swtich?

Edited by 08Hawkeye

was 1983 the only time its happened..? 15 straight years someone sweeps finals weekend..? :smile:

No. It happened in:

1972 (SCV -> Kingsmen)

1974 (Madison -> SCV)

1978 (Phantom -> SCV)

1983 (SCV -> Garfield)

I think that's it. There might be one more year.