Phantom Regiment's standing ovation

yes.,,.BAC Allentown this year........and I think BAC Finals in 2000...

Here is another fan who agrees BAC got a well deserved standing O.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

You like to create controversy?

Last time you said their standing ovation wasn't 30 seconds.

Now you are saying everyone didn't stand.

Your observation is in the minority.

I hate when you have posts like this.

You have so many other posts that add alot to these forums.

Stick with the 90% plus of your posts that are credible and enjoyable.

Thanks

Sorry if what I post isnt what you would like to hear. again, my view was way better than yours. I was able to look down, left to right, at the entire crowd, and that is actually one of the things I like to do so therefore, thats what I was doing at the time in question. Too bad if you dont like it, its irrelevant wether my observation is in the minority or not or if you choose to like me or not because of it. Fact is, BAC didnt receive a standing ovation thirty - to - thirty five seconds before the end, ten to fifteen ? Sure, and not everyone right down in front stood, it was a rousing good time, and worthy of praise,and the ovation it got, but please lets not get carried away.

Geoffrey

Sorry if what I post isnt what you would like to hear. again, my view was way better than yours. I was able to look down, left to right, at the entire crowd, and that is actually one of the things I like to do so therefore, thats what I was doing at the time in question. Too bad if you dont like it, its irrelevant wether my observation is in the minority or not or if you choose to like me or not because of it. Fact is, BAC didnt receive a standing ovation thirty - to - thirty five seconds before the end, ten to fifteen ? Sure, and not everyone right down in front stood, it was a rousing good time, and worthy of praise,and the ovation it got, but please lets not get carried away.

Geoffrey

How do you know your view was better?

I agree ,"it was a rousing good time"

And remember keep up the great posts

There has been a standing ovation of this magnitude in the middle of a show and I'm shocked that Vic doesn't remember it:

Bluecoats 1987 after the first time they performed Autumn Leaves in a DCI Finals (their first appearance ever) there was a 33 second standing ovation (Jay Wise timed it). This was the first time the 'Coats came out with the 20 man snare line at finals and the beefy soprano sextet.

Jay used to brag about how there had never been a standing ovation like that.....someone will have to time PR's standing O to see who holds the crown!

DW

Vanguard 2004 had a tremendous ovation at the end of the Scheherazade show. It began at the rippling company front and lasted well past the end of the show. But what I remember even more was the response when they entered the field. The entire middle deck where I was sitting was on its feet and stomping while yelling "VANGUARD!!! VANGUARD!!!" One of my best memories from this decade.

There has been a standing ovation of this magnitude in the middle of a show and I'm shocked that Vic doesn't remember it:

Bluecoats 1987 after the first time they performed Autumn Leaves in a DCI Finals (their first appearance ever) there was a 33 second standing ovation (Jay Wise timed it). This was the first time the 'Coats came out with the 20 man snare line at finals and the beefy soprano sextet.

Jay used to brag about how there had never been a standing ovation like that.....someone will have to time PR's standing O to see who holds the crown!

DW

The last time I checked 1987 wasn't in this decade. Sorry but I wasn't at Finals that year, so I can't speak for that ovation; but '95 Madison WAS an incredible ovation AND well deserved, that ranks near the top of my "all time favorites" list...but rest assured, Spartacus will certainly be added to that list as well...and I hope I get to see it TWICE tonight, if you catch my drift!!!!

What?

You like to create controversy?

Last time you said their standing ovation wasn't 30 seconds.

Now you are saying everyone didn't stand.

Your observation is in the minority.

I hate when you have posts like this.

You have so many other posts that add alot to these forums.

Stick with the 90% plus of your posts that are credible and enjoyable.

Thanks

He's calling it as he saw it. I would have to throw Maddison 97 into this mix for all-time ending standing ovations. Maddison 95 and Phantom 93 must be up there somewhere too... of course those two shows had three ovations a piece.

Frankly, this has been one of the most entertaining years I have seen in a couple of decades...and the crowds are appreciating it a lot more than ever.

Having said that; PR's ovation was one of the top ones....although I can remember more thunderous in Finals situations (i.e.; 1980 with Bridgemen and especially Spirit...r.i.p. Jim Ott...)