Blue Stars make DCI History

Have any other corps gone from being a Div II/III class corps to making Div I Finals?

Magic of Orlando did this in one week!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Stars really did have an awesome year. However, it could have been much better if the drum scores were up to speed with the other captions. Looking over the scores for the past couple of years, the percussion has really weighed the corps down in terms of placement. The finals night score was a testament to that fact. It might be time that the corps considers parting ways with the current drum staff for a group that will get them to the next level. Just keep the Pearls or go back to Yamaha.

Well, to be fair, one judge had them eighth in drums, the other twelfth. If judge one scored tham as judge two did, we would not be having this discussion. I will say the Blue Stars have made all the right off season changes the last few years and I am sure they will do what is best for the corps,

It's too bad the staff acted like classless middle school fools when the score/place was announced.
I'm not kidding. I like the Blue Stars, dont get me wrong. It is one thing to celebrate a success....but yet another to be as obnoxious as they were. A bit less professional then I would have expected from them.

I was there, observed the entire retreat, and this could not be any further from the truth. Was the staff excited when the score was read..absolutely. Did they cheer, you bet. But inappropriately so, no way. No more so than any other staff who was was emotional with where their corps placed for the year.... Certainly not for a corps who has come back from nearly folding just a few short years ago, being a founding member of DCI and not having been in finals for 29 years, scoreing the highest the corps has ever scored in its history, and returning to the big stage with an assertive 8th place finish. I was also impressed with the way the members of the coprs carried themselves througout the retreat. Great year Blue Stars and hope this is the start of even better things in the future.

FCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there, observed the entire retreat, and this could not be any further from the truth. Was the staff excited when the score was read..absolutely. Did they cheer, you bet. But inappropriately so, no way. No more so than any other staff who was was emotional with where their corps placed for the year.... Certainly not for a corps who has come back from nearly folding just a few short years ago, being a founding member of DCI and not having been in finals for 29 years, scoreing the highest the corps has ever scored in its history, and returning to the big stage with an assertive 8th place finish. I was also impressed with the way the members of the coprs carried themselves througout the retreat. Great year Blue Stars and hope this is the start of even better things in the future.

FCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's kinda what I thought, but I appreciate hearing it from someone who saw it live.

F C O!!!!!

That's kinda what I thought, but I appreciate hearing it from someone who saw it live.

F C O!!!!!

I did see it live and I disagree...it was over the top. But thats just me. *shrug*

I think technically they Blue Stars had to declare bankruptcy back in 81 and then they incorporated a new feeder corps as the La Crosse Blue Stars and Blue Stars Cadets -- someone over on the Blue Stars web forum would be able to give the full details --

re: Backwoods Sideman - what a grooving concert piece.

We did it again in 82, but we were much smaller then. Still it was kickin!

Way to go Blue Stars, no one else has a story like this :cool: