Now That 08 is Over...

Now that the amazing 2008 year is over... what else to do with your fan network subscription than watch past shows? For all the new people out there who are just joining drum corps lets post some "must see" moments of drum corps aka (blue devils fracked solo, star of indiana, 89 vanguard, etc) Just post shows that will bring new people up to speed with the rest of the forums.

I'll start with

1991, 1993 Star of Indiana- You need to look this up because it is one of the most influential corps of the time. They completely raised the bar.

1989 Vanguard- Great Show that's often quoted on these forums...

I'll check back in later.

Edited by sds554

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 27th Lancers and Blue Devils

1974 and 1987 SCV

2000 Cadets

Edited by kusankusho

2003 Phantom Regiment.

That show is the reason I'm even on these forums.

Now that the amazing 2008 year is over... what else to do with your fan network subscription than watch past shows? For all the new people out there who are just joining drum corps lets post some "must see" moments of drum corps aka (blue devils fracked solo, star of indiana, 89 vanguard, etc) Just post shows that will bring new people up to speed with the rest of the forums.

I'll start with

1991, 1993 Star of Indiana- You need to look this up because it is one of the most influential corps of the time. They completely raised the bar.

1989 Vanguard- Regarded as the best show of all time. Had the highest score before penalties for overage members.

I'll check back in later.

89 SCV was NOT the best show of all time.

1980 27th Lancers and Blue Devils

1974 and 1987 SCV

2000 Cadets

I am game with the above, but I would also add 1980 Phantom (for the marching alone), and also 1993 Blue Devlis; 1995 Bluecoats.

89 SCV was NOT the best show of all time.

According to DCI download data and some of the "Countdown' votes, it is, however, the most popular. . .along with 1989 being the best selling Legacy DVD year.

Not that I think it's the "best ever", just throwing that out there . . .that could be what the OP meant.

the first show i watched on it was actually crown 01.

sorry if i offended... not my personal favorite either... but a great show none the less...

Edited the original... better now?

Edited by sds554