Class A 35 minimum rule

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case in point, it's all Corps B fault.

I've been in 90 member groups that were missing 22 members at at least one show during a season. Wasn't Corpsvets missing 14 members at their HOME show a few years back. It's not quite as simple as recruit one more member. There is no safety net. And I doubt DCA will approve a penalty for each member under rule, as it would give a degree of measureability to the greater issue. Even though it could fill the void 22-34.

What? I responded to it. And you even asked me to appologize for my response. What planet are we on again?

That's enough. I think everyone knows how you feel. You're beating a dead horse.

Okay their rules, minimum blah blah blah.

Here's a scenario for you.

Corps A has 35 members, and competes.

Corps B has 34 members, and wants to compete.

A show sponsor in a budding region holds a show that consists of just Corps A and Corps B. The only games in town / region.

Corps B clearly has a better package than Corps A. But Corps A wins the show, because they're the only ones allowed to compete. Meanwhile Corps B is felt left out, and starts to question why they wanted to compete in the first place. The Audience is utterly dismayed and spends the next three weeks hounding the show sponsors to explain it to them.

And yet someone how all of this is good for DCA.

Or according to the DCP posters in this thread, It's ALL CORPS B's fault.

Meanwhile, the show sponsor never holds another show. Corps B goes off and makes a living doing Blast style shows. Corps A is left with no one to compete against. And somehow this all benefitted DCA?

Lorf. And I thought the "18 points penalty but PERFECT SCORES in every other caption" scenario was an idealized scenario...

That one word could have many interpretations. Does that mean that Novice class corps can't have members with more then one years of drumcorps experience? No previous DCI or DCA ring holders? No former DCI or DCA corps finalists. It's a bad word, why not focus on it. Heck why not call it unbathed children class, dirty diaper division, it's just words right?

Because it would be far more productive and useful and rational to suggest a change and move on. But by focusing on it like you have been, you're making it the focus of the argument, rather than the much more important rest of your concerns.

You're also looking like a crazy-person. Which, nicknames and tuxedos aside, is not a goal someone like you should be pursuing in this particular circumstance.

Toby nailed precisely what needed to be done, without wingeing on and on about how experienced he is and how he's been playing before so-and-so was born and etc etc etc. Which is why he gets listened to, and you get eye-rolls.

What's so complex about doing away with it. DCA existed many decades before it. Why would it suddenly cease to exist without that two year old rule. Personally I have better things to do than gripe about a single rule, or various venders at a championships NOT doing their jobs. Not that any of it applies to me now. I haven't been to a DCA championship since. And according to the current DCA rules, my current corps doesn't exist.

DCA existed, and would continue to exist without the rule, but some corps would choose to go to nationals when they really shouldn't, and would implode and fold, and that'd be worse for everyone. The rule wasn't devised to screw over you guys in particular; it was devised to solve a problem. It is not perfect, but just pretending that the problem never existed because it doesn't apply to you is not rational at-flarkin'-all.

And the DCA rules say nothing about the existence or non-existence of your corps. All it says is that your corps isn't going to compete at DCA shows until you fulfill DCA rules.

Whoops, looks like the thread moved into interesting territory after the posts I replied to. Sorry if I'm reawakening anything; I'd be fine if these posts were treated like a tail.

My apologies to everyone here. Shadow7 does NOT speak for the Austin Stars.

We know. And for the record, I agree with Sam's idea... a nice heavy bat.

(OK... that's not nice.) :smile:

That's because -- to be blunt -- you've been behaving like a spoiled infant since your first post and have pretty much driven away any POSSIBLE SHRED of goodwill torward your situation.

People have offered advice, possible solutions, explanations of rationale, etc....and ALL you've done is go Jeff Dahmer on the hands that are trying to feed you.

You're also essentially speaking as if you're the policy maker for your corps...and unless you're the director THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB. If you were a member of En Garde right now....you WOULDN'T be...I would've given you fair warning to shut up 20 pages ago....and the way you've been going on, you would've been booted about 5 pages later, if THAT long

You act like NO ONE else is close to being in the same boat as you....you're NOT special at all. You think it's easy to recruit people in an area where you have 7 operating corps in a 65 mile radius?? I may have complained about DCI-P's recruiting restrictions last season, but I was nowhere NEAR as embarassingly idiotic as you've been....even I have SOME behavioral standards. We were unable to recruit well, which was -- what a shock -- OUR problem -- and elected to move on and work for 09 instead of blaming all of our failures on someone else.

For the record, at En Garde's first camp last year, we DID have enough people present to come close to DCI's 30 member minimum. It would've been small, but it would've been viable. Had those people stuck around AND with the additional people who came in later, we would've fielded last year. Corps being what it is, numbers dropped and we didn't make it. I even lost my center snare to VK.....did you see me posting on here about it, complaining to everyone that they "stole" him away from me? No (because I didn't know he was trying to march BOTH corps until right before he left...a good call in his case, and one that in the end didn't hurte us more than we already were)

You have a REAL victim complex going on here....since at LEAST DCA 06. You need some professional help....and you're hurting your corps' rep by your continual, incessant, hateful, imbecelic whining.

My GOD, man, stop acting like a 5 year old, grow the #### up AND a pair, and take some people's advice for once in your life.

wow.........................that was cool!

That's because -- to be blunt -- you've been behaving like a spoiled infant since your first post and have pretty much driven away any POSSIBLE SHRED of goodwill torward your situation.

People have offered advice, possible solutions, explanations of rationale, etc....and ALL you've done is go Jeff Dahmer on the hands that are trying to feed you.

You're also essentially speaking as if you're the policy maker for your corps...and unless you're the director THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB. If you were a member of En Garde right now....you WOULDN'T be...I would've given you fair warning to shut up 20 pages ago....and the way you've been going on, you would've been booted about 5 pages later, if THAT long

You act like NO ONE else is close to being in the same boat as you....you're NOT special at all. You think it's easy to recruit people in an area where you have 7 operating corps in a 65 mile radius?? I may have complained about DCI-P's recruiting restrictions last season, but I was nowhere NEAR as embarassingly idiotic as you've been....even I have SOME behavioral standards. We were unable to recruit well, which was -- what a shock -- OUR problem -- and elected to move on and work for 09 instead of blaming all of our failures on someone else.

For the record, at En Garde's first camp last year, we DID have enough people present to come close to DCI's 30 member minimum. It would've been small, but it would've been viable. Had those people stuck around AND with the additional people who came in later, we would've fielded last year. Corps being what it is, numbers dropped and we didn't make it. I even lost my center snare to VK.....did you see me posting on here about it, complaining to everyone that they "stole" him away from me? No (because I didn't know he was trying to march BOTH corps until right before he left...a good call in his case, and one that in the end didn't hurte us more than we already were)

You have a REAL victim complex going on here....since at LEAST DCA 06. You need some professional help....and you're hurting your corps' rep by your continual, incessant, hateful, imbecelic whining.

My GOD, man, stop acting like a 5 year old, grow the #### up AND a pair, and take some people's advice for once in your life.

Well said!

Shadow...work with DCA they are a great group of people who want nothing more than to promote this activity and are always willing to HELP the activity and not hurt it. Rules are established to promote the activity so that it is fair to all comers... Okay? If you want your corps to succeed...you need to get out there and beat the pavement my friend..

Cool?