I almost wish that PR...

What is all of this nonsense about blood, guts, and gore? Has anyone played any of their children's video games lately, ever watched CSI, or Law and Order?

If you do a show about Jesus you have some pretty darn violent things happening at the end of his life.

Utter POOH! That was a wonderful show with a wonderful design that really captured the audience. What a better winner of the Disney award.

First, let me say...I totally agree! now let me play devils advocate....

I think that the "Disney" name alone makes everyone think that it has to be a "lolly-pops and rainbows" type show in order to win. The award at DCI finals is a "Disney" award, not a CSI award or a Grand Theft Auto award or even a biblical award, so I think the contradiction here is that Phantom won with the Spartacus show which had, well, um, some undertones of violence.

Thats all...but again, I do agree with the level of violence that is just everywhere...and you know what, come to think about it...Pirates of the Caribbean was fairly violent too. So, I guess this round ends in a draw!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who decides best DM?

Kristy Spears, Becky Wood, and the girl DM from Garfield 1992.

In my mind.

...The award at DCI finals is a "Disney" award, not a CSI award or a Grand Theft Auto award or even a biblical award...

When you think about it, Phantom probably could have swept those awards as well. :rock:

, so I think the contradiction here is that Phantom won with the Spartacus show which had, well, um, some undertones of violence.

Thats all...but again, I do agree with the level of violence that is just everywhere...and you know what, come to think about it...Pirates of the Caribbean was fairly violent too. So, I guess this round ends in a draw!

As in another thread on Phantom winning SoD, I'll quote George C. Scott in Patton: "Americans love violence."

Sure, you can be violent and still win Spirit of Disney and the hearts and minds of drum corps fans. We were on a football field, for crying out loud, an arena for a sport that is so violent that the "unnecessary roughness" penalty earns the ultimate IRONIC tag.

Just don't show a nipple in a wardrobe malfunction. I wouldn't mind, and I'm guessing that tommytimp wouldn't mind (see post #22), but all hell would apparently break loose in much of the USofA, including, probably, Disney. Violence, sure, sex, <shudder>... the American way.

Edited by Peel Paint

bobo_halftime_1971.jpg

Times are tough for the Mouse. :lol:

I can't stop laughing over this picture. :smile: :smile: :smile: