Soundboard personnel

Over on RAMD, someone made an interesting observation. She said she thought DCI limited the number of people working the soundboard to one, but Cadets had two people working their soundboard. Should this have been a penalty?

Dunno either way, just thought I would pass the question along here.

Maybe one was running the light show.

Ba dum bum! Crash!

Over on RAMD, someone made an interesting observation. She said she thought DCI limited the number of people working the soundboard to one, but Cadets had two people working their soundboard. Should this have been a penalty?

Dunno either way, just thought I would pass the question along here.

I was sitting up close on the 50, it actually looked like they were all there to steady the DM platform (which was moving quite a bit,) and that one was working the board.

I was sitting up close on the 50, it actually looked like they were all there to steady the DM platform (which was moving quite a bit,) and that one was working the board.

Very good. I had no idea, so thought I would pass the question along here to see if anyone knew the answer. Thanks!

they should make a rule the person who runs the sound board has to meet all the guidelines to be a marching member of the corps. in otherwords the person doing the board should count as part of that 150person limit. and make them stand in uniform too. sick of the people in hawain shirts khakhi shorts and flip-flops like they just came from a hula party.

they should make a rule the person who runs the sound board has to meet all the guidelines to be a marching member of the corps. in otherwords the person doing the board should count as part of that 150person limit. and make them stand in uniform too. sick of the people in hawain shirts khakhi shorts and flip-flops like they just came from a hula party.

I totally agree, but...

That rule was up for a vote this year I believe with the other rule changes. I don't think it passed.

I totally agree, but...

That rule was up for a vote this year I believe with the other rule changes. I don't think it passed.

Actually the pit had to also run the sound board. It passed last year, for this year, that someone not in the corps could run it.

Actually the pit had to also run the sound board. It passed last year, for this year, that someone not in the corps could run it.

no good. if they want to amplify stuff, they should have to sacrifice something for it. if they want a bigger pit sound, they should have to recruit more in pit not let them make it up with speakers unless they require a member in uni to operate it

no good. if they want to amplify stuff, they should have to sacrifice something for it. if they want a bigger pit sound, they should have to recruit more in pit not let them make it up with speakers unless they require a member in uni to operate it

Soon they will probably begin to propose soloists/"featured performers" that aren't otherwise members of the corps (aka "overage soloists"). These people aren't going to stop with their destruction evolution of the activity.