Lucas Oil Stadium

I could see them revisiting IU and Having DCI Mid-America come back. Have it as the last Regional going into INDY. Would make things travel wise for the Corps..housing sites would pretty much be locked in for the IU Regional through finals week. Might be a long week though and too pricey then again there ae a lot of people that dont attend regionals that go to finals.

Edited by Zeke

Same with ISSMA finals, which I think take place a couple weeks before BOA.

Galen, love the Sig. Phantom definitely needs to sell a poster like that. lol :lol:

I saw someone on another thread mention concern about the acoustics in Lucas Oil Stadium. Anyone know if there will be any drum corps shows in the stadium before finals week next year, so they may be able to start to work out any acoustics issues? I'm just curious.

You know, I was trying to remember if I had read about the acoustics here or if a friend of mine was telling me that they designed the stadium with acoustics in mind. I've never seen a band or dc show there, but Reliant Stadium in Houston has great acoustics and I believe Lucas Oil is somewhat similar in design. Best of all, the stands are very close to the field and have an intimate feel. I can't wait for somebody to report back from a BOA show there to find out.

in the past, there have been sound checks done by corps in "new" stadiums.....they bring in a corps earlier in the season at a convenient time when they are within striking distance, and other directors could attend if they wished...I think DCI would be wise to do this (and not rely strictly on what the bands sound like there in the fall).....they will also probably wish to test with the roof open and also closed....you really never know what it will sound like until you get in there....hopefully it will be great.....

GB