New/Returning Corps

With Capital Regiment returning, things looking good for Southwind, and Jersey Surf going to World Class?, I ask, about approximately, given we have no idea what the selections for the corps or even what they sound like, where you think they will place next year.

I think it varies for old corps coming back. I think Seattle will have a better chance of returning to their last status level as there are not many corps in the Northwest. So chances are they will get some vets coming back. However, for Capital Regiment I get the feeling that maybe a lot of vets left for better corps (Bluecoats/Cadets/Phantom/Cavies are all within close distance). I think Capital, if back in World, comes back a little lower than when they left due to the number of vets coming back.

I hope I am correct about Cascades and wrong about Capital. I would love to see both of these corps come back and fight to be in Semis and maybe knock a current corps out.

I think it varies for old corps coming back. I think Seattle will have a better chance of returning to their last status level as there are not many corps in the Northwest. So chances are they will get some vets coming back. However, for Capital Regiment I get the feeling that maybe a lot of vets left for better corps (Bluecoats/Cadets/Phantom/Cavies are all within close distance). I think Capital, if back in World, comes back a little lower than when they left due to the number of vets coming back.

I hope I am correct about Cascades and wrong about Capital. I would love to see both of these corps come back and fight to be in Semis and maybe knock a current corps out.

You're right about Cascades. They will return in World Class, now that they are a little better financially.

Word on Capital is that they might start back in Open. Wait...or was that Sound? Argh! Too many Capitals!

Southwind has made wishes to return to World. And I think Teal Sound and Surf are considering to move up?

You know what? I don't know. Don't ask me.

Most of the Surf's current membership is made up of people who want a World-sized experience with an Open Class tour schedule. When Surf goes World, they will have to follow a more rigorous tour schedule. Their current members will mostly go to other Open Class corps or DCA, and the Surf itself will get a whole new member base of people looking for the full World Class experience. Placement wise, I'd throw them somewhere in the top tier of Semifinals at best, slowing growing over the years into a well-respected World Class finalist like most corps that make the jump.

Surf would probably take the PC-Academy rout and be a regional touring corps at first but I think they have a bright future in World. I'm not against the regional touring corps if it helps build the world class.

Hopefully Southwind and Cascades can return and be as good as they were before. Southwind looked to be getting better so it was a shame when they went inactive. Only problem for Cascades is that in their time away the other two open corps in the area had solid years.

I'm still a little baffled by CR's return. They've been gone so long and they didn't leave on the best of terms with some of their members and staff. I doubt they will have any vets come back which essentially means they will be starting over. Troopers did it but they had a rich tradition and strong leadership.

Edited by Bored50345

capital reg would be nice more corps in midwest area might mean more shows here too

Surf would probably take the PC-Academy rout and be a regional touring corps at first but I think they have a bright future in World. I'm not against the regional touring corps if it helps build the world class.

If the Surf receives final approval for World Class status, we intend to continue as a regional touring corps, and will continue in our present format, which enables members and staff to participate on a less-than-full-time-touring basis. More information will be available soon at www.JerseySurf.org.

Thanks!