Cavalier Alumni Corps

Was wondering why no reviews? Is this not the "Alumni Corps & Event Reviews" page? Or is everyone on this page involved in DCA only?

And yes, there were a few conversations about CAC doing DCA this year but many would not do it. This was a one time Anniversary corps, plus my wife would leave me.

Welcome to the world of the ignored....the BD/SCV alum corps didn't get any reviews in 07 either....other then "they were loud"

Maybe you should ALSO wonder why the "SoCal Kingsmen" get so much talk, and none about the BD or SCV. Must be SOME reason.

I have my OPINION. But, you (and Most DCI types) would most likely not like it. So why bother.

Maybe you should ALSO wonder why the "SoCal Kingsmen" get so much talk, and none about the BD or SCV. Must be SOME reason.

I have my OPINION. But, you (and Most DCI types) would most likely not like it. So why bother.

If you don't give it, how would I know? I'm no mind reader.

And calling me a "DCI type" is hardly accurate, as the only Jr corps I marched WAS BD....all of the rest were DCA corps or at least had DCA-age members (Keesler BK, Dag Crusaders). Nightfire was a jr, but I was the director, not a performer.

Also...were you even AT the Concord, Stockton, or Stanford shows to see and hear the group????

Edited by 84BDsop

• 3 months later...
Was wondering why no reviews? Is this not the "Alumni Corps & Event Reviews" page? Or is everyone on this page involved in DCA only?

And yes, there were a few conversations about CAC doing DCA this year but many would not do it. This was a one time Anniversary corps, plus my wife would leave me.

Too bad this Corps couldn't have headed out East to do the DCA Alumni Spectacular in Rochester, which is what the RA did in 2002, which was also supposed to be just a one and done. I'm sure the audience at the Alumni Spectacular would have ate it up. I saw the perfomance in Naperville just before DCI. Good thing you guys didn't go on 20 minutes later!! It was a great show. It must have been better in Indy, from the comments that I heard. The part I really liked was the warmup between the field house and the stadium. The horn line had an awesome sound bouncing every which way. The performance on the field was just as good; great to hear all of that old music brought back to life, which is why the Cabs Alumni Corps is so popular out East. The only thing I'm still trying to find out is why the sound on the field didn't generate the same intensity in the stands as I, and others I was with heard during the warmup?? Location, I think? I don't necessarily want to say that the sound was less intense because of the Bb horns, but...............? And the 16 man snare line was awesome. IMHO, they played better that what I've been hearing these past few years from the Sky 16 man snare line, but that's just me. No knock on the Sky "line", as they are always great; just my opinion in what I heard that evening.

No offense toward the BD/SCV alumni corps intended, however, the reason the Anaheim Kingsmen received so much hype is because THEY DESERVED IT!! The same can be said about the two corps from NorCal as well.