Anyone see the new DCI medals?

These new medals are atrocious. I know DCI might have been trying to make some cutbacks, but I wouldn't like to see those ugly ovular medals hanging around a band's neck. BOA has better medals.

I know its a small thing, but I really do think that they need to return to the older design: circular, naming the division, award, and the blue DCI logo in the center.

Uggh.

If anyone has a picture to aid in the discussion, please post a link.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The medals I got when I marched aren't really that fancy looking and they are obviously mass produced and cheap. It doesn't really bother me. The memories they spark are more important to me.

Gosh, the medal my old roomie's daughter won is pretty slick !

beccabronze.jpg

Oh wait, wrong event last Saturday. Sorry

I saw them too, there eclipse shaped and look like those things you make at amusement parks when you put a penny in the machine and roll it flat and imprint like six flags on it, at least that's what it looked like when I saw a glimpse of it. The DCA ones look better too

Yes, but most of us would have given a lot to have gotten one!

I would think what it stands for and what it says means a whole heck of a lot more than what it looks like.

Here's a pic.

medal2.jpg

I'm not much for medals, but I think it looks pretty awesome. Better than the medals I get from dance competitions.

I do realize that I am fairly new to drum corps. Have there been better-looking medals in the past? Could someone post some pictures of old medals for those of us who just don't have a basis for comparison?