Don Warren turns 80!

I love the book. My wife was in Indy, got to meet the Old Man, and had a great chat with him, as if he knew her for years. My only experience was being next to him in the bathroom in 2002 and saying "hi".

i always respected him, but even more so since I got the book. I hope to finish it this week

I love the book. My wife was in Indy, got to meet the Old Man, and had a great chat with him, as if he knew her for years. My only experience was being next to him in the bathroom in 2002 and saying "hi".

i always respected him, but even more so since I got the book. I hope to finish it this week

Don Warren and Jim Jones meet in a bathroom and start DCI. Don Warren and Jeff Ream meet in a bothroom, and all you could say was, "hi"? That's it?

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...I expected more from you.

:lol:

Garry in Vegas

i was busy and plus those guys already knew each other. for all he knew I was some punk kid posting on that darned interweb thing

With Jim Jones of the Troopers, he co-created the idea for DCI and saw it to fruition.

Wasn't Gail Royer of SCV part of this as well..? no..?

Don Warren gave his premium seat tickets to myself and my lady friend at naperville this year, top row on the 50. What a guy.

Thanks for always being a great ambassador and everything he's accomplished for the activity!!

Don, You were 43 years old when I aged out of the Santa Clara Vanguard in 71 and I remember the stories Royer used to tell us about his discussions with you and all I have to say is, you have enriched all of us with the meaning of tradition. God bless you Don Warren and Happy Birthday.

Ben Martinez