Horn names

zachsbugle

My horn is Crunch the Mellow Line as a whole ref. my Avatar...... the humble lead Mellows are called (by esp the baris) "Blat Weasles"...thank you.. :huh:-

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a 40s vintage Japanese film I saw a few years back which portrayed the heroic struggle of the members of the Japanese Army Bands. It was kind of a Japanese version of "Full Metal Jacket" 50-some years earlier.

The "DI" was merciless on these guys and one of the few things I remember about the film is that he told them they had to love their instruments (all of them were Yamaha) and never be without them, like a girlfriend. To that end he told them they had to have a name.

So we're treated to shots of guys practicing while repeating the names of their instruments. One image I recall is a guy playing his snare while repeating in time.. "Mit....Su...Ka, Mit...Su...Ka".

Of course they all were killed by the Americans.

Edited by dans24103

Our mellophones are named "Melly and Nelly" two years ago, the lead sops named theirs "Frick and Frack" ... so when we did our horn ensemble, it was presented by Frick, Frack, Nelly, Melly and Bertha .. great times.. BAB...

I don't have a name for my horn, but I do have a great pic. I am both a horn player and a mallet player.

I have a pic of my bari sitting on top of my marimba in my living room. At that time, I was spending more time in that room than anywhere in the house and was driving my mom CRAZY! so she said she would have to take a pic of what was causing all 'the noise' in the house. b**bs

heheheh

K4 :huh:

Haven't posted here in ages, so I'll throw in the name I used to call my shiny Dynasty 4-valve Super Magnum contra... "B|TCH". Because that's what I'd keep repeating during all those f'ing parades late June / early July!