Madison Bass

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about they go to green pants - exactly the same color as the jackets. You'd hardly ever see them on the field. It would be like 150 White aussies defying gravity!

no thats what they were discussing in the endzone, its gotta be.

I agree, I just can't decide if they should stick with the black pants or go to white.

My vote is white pants.

Someone in our section mentioned a tradition that Madison tries to be the last off the field at Retreat, no matter what? (Note, this is pure speculation on our parts - if I'm wrong, feel free to say so and then correct me! :smile:)

Mike

not when i marched, but then again, its been 15 years, plenty of time to invent a new tradition or two. now, we did have a tradition of playing contra wars, where we would compete with other contra lines to set up the furthest back from the rest of the corps at retreat. the blue devils were our arch enemies, and both of our lines got seriously chewed out for edging a little too far back at a couple of points. the most memorable contra war to me was a night we played in a small stadium with no backside stands, just homeside with a fence at the back. we kept edging back, edging back, and the pesky blue devils contras, thinking they had timed it perfectly made one final move and ended up with their butts resting right on the fence. they all started smirking at us and our section leader, a freakishly strong guy named steve glenn got to attention, about faced towards the fence, grabbed his contra by the butt and held it out, perfectly parallel to the ground, with his arms fully extended for a good thirty seconds. he brought the horn in and got back into an attention posture. a couple of bd guys tried it, and then they were just like ok guys, you win. good times

How 'bout brown pants?