2009 Could be Carolina Crown's year

/disagree

Claire de Lune was over three minutes long and the drill was spread out over the entire field for nearly all of it.

Not to be hating on Crown- I love them, I lovelovelovelovelove them- but I agree that the design this year was a little flawed. Once I understood what their show was supposed to be about, I could understand the show itself more.... but not much.

As for the drill- it's been a while since I've seen it- but from what I remember, it reminded me of drill from the 1990's- there were a lot of geometric shapes, and I think that was due to the fact that the show concept was so esoteric, the drill writer had a hard time doing much else. The kids executed FANTASTIC, night after night, but I think their show may need to be less -08, and more-07; 07 was fun, easy to understand, and super entertaining. One of the biggest ways I mean this is in terms of guard integration- in 07 they were an integral part of the show. In 08, they were by far my favorite thing to watch, but show show would have worked just fin without them. There is a fine line (for me) between relying TOO MUCH on the guard to tell a story, and just having the guard seem like they were thrown in to fill member holes. Crown's show wasn't THAT bad, but it was on that end of the spectrum.

I don't, however, think that they need to even THINK about taking my advice- I am not nearly old enough to know what needs to happen.

I would agree, though, that their drill differed in spread content to many other corps (not during the ballad, but I'm going to not count that- most corps spread themselves out, and it is a really easy thing to do).

However, whatever CC's staff chooses to do, I know I will enjoy it- they are fantastic, with one of the most fun guards to watch, night after night

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic