Gulf Coast/ Frontier

Rap48

Has anyone heard from members of the Gulf Coast Spound or Frontier?

I ran into Dena Anderson and her daughter, Michelle, from GCS, at the airport this morning. She didn't mention anything about the progress of the corps trips back home.

I hope they're back safe and sound before the storms start.

The crew who drove to finals (Myself included) from GCS is back in Houston, and safe. Looks like Gustav chickened out.

Stupid weather patterns shortening vacation weekends.

Great G Brass: I the pleasure of meeting some of Texas's finest and was concerned.

The "land" contingent (1 van, 1 truck) left Rochester at 8:30 am Sunday - to avoid the possibility of weather problems travelling through NE Texas/Louisiana. They should have been home by noon on Monday.....if Ev posted, then all is good. Dale and Andi are road travelers too and should be safely home by Wednesday.

Our Trailer was leaving Monday AM - Gary taking his time to come back as safelty as possible.

The "air" contingent of GCS left on Sunday and Monday - most of us flying out opted for earlier flights Monday to avoid any connection problems through Atlanta, etc. Since Houston wasn't "directly" impacted, most airlines weren't letting us change plans to go out a day earlier without a hefty fee. So most of us were at the airport flying out at the crack of dawn Monday.....I was in Houston by 10:30 am.

Rain is moving in to Houston this evening - winds are about 20 mph in most areas of Houston, but this will mainly just bring us some rain for the next couple of days. Certainly could have been a LOT worse.

Frontier travelers may encounter some bad weather as the storm moves to the DFW area Tuesday, but hopefully most will be home by then.

We do have a couple of members who either live in New Orleans (Thomas) or Beaumont (Jon) or has family in central Louisiana (Nikki) who will be affected - keep them in your thoughts & prayers.

Thank you to Tom Peashey and everone else who sent well wishes our way....and to those who let us know how much our show on Saturday was enjoyed. While it was hard sometimes to concentrate on our "mission" in Rochester while not really knowing what was transpiring back home, we enjoyed putting this show on the field and performing....that's what it's all about - to entertain and have fun. "Rock and Roll, baby!" TH

As always it was nice to see everyone at Championships and witness some GREAT performances this weekend.

Way to go Shennandoah Sound - welcome to the big dance....and great job in 2008!

Congrats MCL on your incredible season - y'all rocked the house!

Frontier - congrats on 2008 and thanks for your encouragement, perseverance and friendships.

CorpsVets - your performances in Rochester were magnificent.....a very enjoyable show, as always. (CV mello's RULE!)

A big Congrats to Alliance on your Class A win -

Thank you Vic Kulinski for your hard work and support of all the DCAS corps.

GO SOUTH !

Edited by texascv1

Best wishes for GCS. I wouldn't worry too much about Frontier, there's over 200 miles between the shoreline and home for them. Austin is actually closer, but most times the storms track to the right, leaving us high and dry for weeks. Safe travels to all.

Jenny and I were the last ones out of the hotel, got through the airport and connected in Atlanta and made it into Houston around 7:00 tonight with no issues (And hooked up with some of our "Dream-Guys" too!). The only ones I think are still out are the 3 in the equipment trailer, and they have some flexibility to get here.

The vans got into town around noon with lots of stories, and the luggage in the back of the pickup never got wet. It was dry the whole way home. Dragging our behinds into work in rush hour tomorrow might be interesting...

Thanks for all the well-wishes we got in the hotel and airport! So far it is looking fine here, now we get to watch the next wave come in...Carolina? Orlando? Us again? There are something like 5 storms in different stages right now (Gives us something to watch on TV besides the conventions :tongue: )

GCS equipment is safe and sound in Nashville right now. We had to relocate to the Quality Inn across the street as the Red Roof we stayed in on the way up is full of electrical crews who are headed south to get New Orleans and Mississippi back up and running. We must have passed at least 25 trucks on our way thru Ohio and Kentucky.

We considered driving a little further tonight to make tomorrows drive shorter but opted to get to bed and give the storm more time to head NW. Hopefully by the time we get to Little Rock and Texarkana the rain will mostly be gone.

Thanks for all the well wishes and for another great time in Rochester!!

Only 363 days till 2009 Finals!! :tongue: