Corps that DID NOT compete at DCI in 1976

Yeah it's a shame about the 76 Glassmen not being able to compete.... I remember really being dissapointed after the GREAT season we had in 75....

Edited by k357

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defenders were competing locally in MA and not touring.

We had gone to VFW a week before in NY.

My mistake Dale.

I just remembered seeing you guys in all the local shows.

No problem Russ. I think it was the plan all along to ease the corp into the open class in 76 & 77. We went to Marion in 1977 and in 78 the corps bought busses and we went to Denver.

Such comparisons may not mean much, but when you see the Blue Knights finished those '76 Drum Corps West Championships exactly 11 points below the Argonauts, and look at what the Argonauts did one week earlier at DCI in Philadelphia (23rd place--score 73.80), you get the idea Denver probably would have been around the 36th place score of the Sancians (62.80) had the Blue Knights been there. May have been a few slots higher or lower, but probably a fair guess.

Such comparisons may not mean much, but when you see the Blue Knights finished those '76 Drum Corps West Championships exactly 11 points below the Argonauts, and look at what the Argonauts did one week earlier at DCI in Philadelphia (23rd place--score 73.80), you get the idea Denver probably would have been around the 36th place score of the Sancians (62.80) had the Blue Knights been there. May have been a few slots higher or lower, but probably a fair guess.

Ouch! But thanks for that. Well I still enjoy listening to the recording.

I don't know why VK didn't go to Philly like Argonauts and Commodores. As far as I can tell from CorpsReps.com, they went east just to compete at US Open and Key to the Sea?

Maybe they couldn't get in. DCI only offered 48 spots for the open-class prelims. More than that number applied. Additional corps were put on standby, and invited to compete in class A instead. A few did switch to class A, a few got in due to cancellations, but the majority of the wait-listed corps just didn't compete at DCI Championships in '76.