Pyrotechnics...

With all of the "advances" being made in the junior drum corps activity, it would be "great" if drum corps rules would also allow pyrotechnics and firing real weapons (blanks of course). I have seen many marching band shows that have successfully used fireworks and the like, so it can definitely be done safely and sanely. Imagine the possibilities!

• Phantom doing 1812 with a real cannon firing!
  • A patriotic show complete with fireworks during the closer!
  • Machine guns in a war, cops, or gangster themed show! (ala SCV 1991, BD 1996, BD 2006, Coats 2007)
  • Color guards prancing around with sparklers!
  • Piccolo Petes in the pits!
  • Cavies 2005, but with real fire!
  • Bic lighters during a power ballad!

I look forward to hearing your ideas of how pyro will inevitably be implimented in drum corps shows.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I detect a lot of sarcasm in this post...

I had this passing thought during the 1812 portion or Crown's show this year.

If this post is sincere and you really desire these things, among other less than desirable implementations, maybe you need to seriously consider following another activity. If brass, percussion and visual accompaniment arent enough, where the emphasis is drawn more and more away from the music, musicianship and folowing the activity as a musical idiom, find another activity,start a new activity but please let drum corps be drum corps.

Geoffrey

Hmm... pyromania is a serious disease and some individuals do not need the encouragement :) haha

Maybe we could do a whole show dealing with fire.

En Fuego

Cuban Fire Suite

Aztec Fire

Fire of Eternal Glory

Ritual Fire Dance

A high School I taught at many years ago fired cannons during their show – caught a prop on fire and no one was prepared. There are probably too many logistic and safety issues to make it work show after show. :thumbup::music::music: