Just curious...

On finals night...  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What was the reason YOU cheered when 2nd place was announced?

• Because Phantom won.
    • Because The Blue Devils lost.
    • Because you were applauding BD for a good season and an amazing show.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the audience applaud just because it's all very exciting. A new winner, a shock of change, excited for the kids, excited how well everyone did?

Or just caught up in the moment without any malice and cheered because it feels good to do so?

Phantom.

Its fitting that Phantom (my all-time favorite corps) wins their first solo title the final year that I watch/support DCI. Best all-round show I've seen in years... and the way they did it, stepping up their performance from night to night, was amazing.

But why not applaud BD for their amazing season? Not many corps have been able to have a 26-2 season, scoring higher than their previous year's score (which was a championship show), and have that amazing of a guard and visual program. Why not wait to cheer for PR when their score is announced, and let BD receive the applause they so obviously deserved?

But why not applaud BD for their amazing season? Not many corps have been able to have a 26-2 season, scoring higher than their previous year's score (which was a championship show), and have that amazing of a guard and visual program. Why not wait to cheer for PR when their score is announced, and let BD receive the applause they so obviously deserved?

Your point was already clear. Loaded questions and passive aggressive tactics are downright silly. You may be curious as to what DCP thinks but you already think you know. Why not make a post simply stating your views on the matter?

Question!

Have you ALWAYS just reacted to the current score and not thought ahead at the same time to the next score/corp?

IF you have, you have amazing mind control!!!!!

Question!

Have you ALWAYS just reacted to the current score and not thought ahead at the same time to the next score/corp?

IF you have, you have amazing mind control!!!!!

I am guilty of this as well, but the issue did not really come to my mind till this season. I cheered at 2nd place this year, just as I did at 3rd place in 2006. Then I got to wondering why it seemed the fans cheer loudest when BD loses to PR, not just this year. I am not trying to guilt anyone, just taking a poll and discussing to see if I am alone in my mindset.