Open or World

Tuba92

One of the best choices I have ever made was to join a start-up corps!! The bonds and friendships that you make from being apart of something that you helped create is one of the greatest feelings ever!!! But no matter what do not make the decision to not march, that is one of the worse choices ever. In the end the choice is yours and each of the corps you have chosen are all good choices and will offer you the best experience available and enjoyable summer.

I strongly agree with this man. I've been with Legends for the last three years, and being a part of a starting corps and seeing it grow is a really amazing experience. I would strongly recommend you help build this new corps.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly agree with this man. I've been with Legends for the last three years, and being a part of a starting corps and seeing it grow is a really amazing experience. I would strongly recommend you help build this new corps.

agree. Nothing like seeing something your a part of grow. Its a totally different feel from just going for the glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tuba, I marched Memphis for three years. Great to hear you are considering them. But for my ageout year, I have decided to give Magic of Mobile a try. With Magic, you could be part of the very first year for the corps. But then again, Memphis is not THAT old. And they always seem to come out strong in the end. Hopefully Memphis will become a stronger corps as I would love to see them for many more years. If you decide to try Magic, I will see you in November. If you decide on Memphis, then I wish you good luck. You will have a great summer no matter where you march. Only way to have a bad summer is to NOT march. See you on the field :inlove:

Edited by TitanSop06

Magic of Mobile was not required to attend the DCI Open Class meeting in Las Vegas. The cost of sending staff there for a meeting in which not much can be done would have been money better spent elsewhere.

Thank you for your interest in Magic of Mobile.

Wouldn't the Magic of Mobile want to interact with the other directors with whom they're going to be touring? My impression of the Open Class directors based on the interaction I observed in Michigan City this year is that it is (refreshingly) a fraternity of friends who seem to be "in it together." Besides all of that, with the information that flows at these sorts of meetings, wouldn't a new corps want to be there to soak in as much as possible?

If I were a corps director of one of the existing Open Class corps, I would perhaps resent the implication that Magic of Mobile is "above it all" and that they're money is better spent elsewhere than in participating in petty meetings attended by the other directors. All of the corps have to invest in their futures, and with the daily parade of staff hiring announcements coming from MoM, it seems that they're not afraid to brandish a checkbook... so why not for a board meeting?

The smug "thank you for your interest" notes are interesting as well. Perhaps those of us who support Open Class don't want to see another paper tiger that's gone in a flash. (Remember the Hollywood Knights, anyone?). We want new start-ups to succeed. The attitude being displayed in the 'luvs me sum mello' post is, sadly, one we've seen more than a few times over the years.