Open or World

Tuba92

I'm going to call one of the guys at Magic tomarrow and I just emailed one of the guys from Memphis I'm not sure who I'm going to pick though because I can only try out for one corps but which ever one I try out for I'm sure I will have a lot of fun

Edited by Tuba92

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm still confused I'm leaning more towards one corps but I'm still not sure of what to do my band directors wont quit telling me to march Spirit don't get me wrong I love Spirit I'm just not ready for World Class yet but I just cant figure out what to do

Man I'm still confused I'm leaning more towards one corps but I'm still not sure of what to do my band directors wont quit telling me to march Spirit don't get me wrong I love Spirit I'm just not ready for World Class yet but I just cant figure out what to do

I would say to audition at Spirit. There are many from Open Class who try out for World Class. If you get past the initial audition, keep going back. If not, go to an Open Class corps. Any one of them will welcome you with open arms. Too many kids from bands only try out for their #1 choice and when they don't make it, they decide not to march anywhere else. Its a shame.

What ever you do, march. Wherever you land, you will have a great experience.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks OldBones I really want to do Spirit next year but I think I should march open class to prepare for World what do you think

Thanks OldBones I really want to do Spirit next year but I think I should march open class to prepare for World what do you think

If you really don't think you're ready for World Class, that's certainly for you to decide. Teal would seriously be your best bet to prepare. They're operating a corps that is the size of a world class corps, and is taking longer tours than some of the WC groups. It seems like they'd give you a WC experience on the OC level. Who knows, they may even move up after your first year, and you may not even need to look for a WC home.

If you really don't think you're ready for World Class, that's certainly for you to decide. Teal would seriously be your best bet to prepare. They're operating a corps that is the size of a world class corps, and is taking longer tours than some of the WC groups. It seems like they'd give you a WC experience on the OC level. Who knows, they may even move up after your first year, and you may not even need to look for a WC home.

I would try Teal Sound but its way too far I'm in the center of Alabama but I wish I was closer the only corps that are close enough are Spirit, Memphis Sound, and Magic of Mobile

Edited by Tuba92

Tuba92, try a few places out and try to get a feel for the corps. Going to a camp will help you get a feel for the corps and the other members in it.

Don't forget a couple things, be yourself and do your best.

Oh ya, have fun !!!

Yea it is now a toss up between Memphis Sound and Magic of Mobile I might try out for both but my parents say I should just pick one so I'm going to try and persuade them to let me try both but I'm gonna practice for them both and slowly make my decision of which one to choose

...the life of a high school student...

Other people might disagree with me on this, but if you can only choose one gor for Magic. You'll be a charter member and seeing as the staff is very good that will eventually be something you'll be very proud of (I'm expecting great things at Spokane Thunder speed :innocent: ). Plus since it's a brand new corps, you'll be more likely to get in. I'm sure Mempho would take you as well, but right now Magic has to focus on building a foundation of vets rather than adding to the talent they already have, so you won't have to deal with any prejudice in the auditions (in most corps they take in all the vets that come back and then fill the remaining spots).