Grennies Thank You

Thanks to the many folks for all the support this weekend. Believe me when I say it`s great to be back! I can also say that Grenadiers will be looking forward to next year with another entertaining program and celebrating our 50th anniversary. This will be an exciting year. The corps has come a long way from being the "Princess Of Wales Own Regiment Band".

You guys were very good....thought you may have made the night show!

Welcome back my friend. Great work in 2008. I know what its like to bring a corps back from inactive the previous year. Hold your head up Grennies!

Donny

Thanks to the many folks for all the support this weekend. Believe me when I say it`s great to be back! I can also say that Grenadiers will be looking forward to next year with another entertaining program and celebrating our 50th anniversary. This will be an exciting year. The corps has come a long way from being the "Princess Of Wales Own Regiment Band".

Don Dean, you are the epitome of what a Corps Director, Manager whatever the title should be.....for years you with the assistance of your lovley wife Brenda have opened your home (the ranch)..to so many from Ontario ,Quebec, and the United States wanting to partake in the Grenadiers experience. Congratulations on a great job this year returning the "Grennies" to competition. For years you have strived to keep the activity alive, to enable our kids to experience what we did in RCA and again when you had the vision to take us to DCA!!! A family and a way of life. As always, I salute you my friend, Iwas your snare winger for many years and you always had the vision. when we first entered DCA my goodness what a thrill to place 13'th and then upwards from that!!!! Again you and your loyal staff have enriched many a DCA show by being the corps that many people enjoyed the most. Your enthusiasm, your ability to change with the drum corps times, your ability to attract good people has made "Grennies" the one corps that most would like to march with once in their dc carreer!! If I knew how to nominate you for the Drum corps Hall of Fame I would...anyway my friend Great job and Grenadiers and DCA world get ready for "Grennies 50TH" should be awesome.......look for me in the pit....no not THE PIT... the pit behind the stadium...... :blink: too many wobbly pops LOL !!! :innocent:

I second all the comments on here... and I should know...

I competed against "Princess Of Wales Own Regiment Band" before they took the name Grenadiers and then with the Fulton Gauchos, I spent 5 years - growing up - learning what drum corps was - and learning how to drink beer by the pint with REAL alcohol in it... in KINGSTON... We had a friendship and comradery in the early 60's that was amazing...

I'd still like to know what happened to a soprano (I think he was a sop) who went by "Kangaroo" and had an Aussie accent so strong you had trouble understanding him... he was an amazing guy...

The point is... Kingston Grenadiers has over 50 years of tradition and it was a delight to have that tradition very successfully back on the competition field.

It was a real surprise to see how good you were. I only saw you at prelims this year, thought you had a crack at finals. You should stand proud, it was neat to see the Bright yellow back.

I can only imagine the work it took to have a rebirth of the Grennies.

Just an after thought, the DCA "A" division was great this year, both from and entertainment stand point and competitive stand point. I don't want to spend more money on a ticket, but I can see the "A" show standing alone very soon.

It was a real surprise to see how good you were. I only saw you at prelims this year, thought you had a crack at finals. You should stand proud, it was neat to see the Bright yellow back.

I can only imagine the work it took to have a rebirth of the Grennies.

Just an after thought, the DCA "A" division was great this year, both from and entertainment stand point and competitive stand point. I don't want to spend more money on a ticket, but I can see the "A" show standing alone very soon.

I agree that the "A" show could stand alone some day. The rebirth of the Grennies was not really a rebirth...as they never went away but you are absolutley right..the work was unimaginable I am sure... but veterans and newbies and mostly people from around ..again..Kingston, Ontario, Quebec, and NewYork state and just real hardcore drumcorps guys and gals wanted to do the "grennie " thing...and now it is going to take off....what a great program and what great people from everywhere!!! If you are considering to march in 09 consider kingston for a great time and a great experience!!! :whistle:

I agree that the "A" show could stand alone some day. The rebirth of the Grennies was not really a rebirth...as they never went away but you are absolutley right..the work was unimaginable I am sure... but veterans and newbies and mostly people from around ..again..Kingston, Ontario, Quebec, and NewYork state and just real hardcore drumcorps guys and gals wanted to do the "grennie " thing...and now it is going to take off....what a great program and what great people from everywhere!!! If you are considering to march in 09 consider kingston for a great time and a great experience!!! :whistle:

Just an awsome video of grennies prelims!!! made this old alummni guy cry...just given it they were!!! So proud of their come back for sure!!! Hope it just gets bigger and bigger...eh Biggie? :shutup::tongue: