Staff change announcements

So, all of these movements of staff members has got me thinking.

We often read about a staff member who is leaving for "personal reasons" or to "spend more time on other projects" or "stay closer to home" and within 1-3 weeks, that person has a new gig, more often than not.

What I am trying to figure out, or put my finger on, is should we just assume that when a staff member/director, etc. leave a corps on their own merit-not being asked to leave-that it is really them saying something to the effect of wanting a change in life-just with a different corps.

I'm not trying to be a jerk to anyone who moves jobs, lord knows I've done it, it just to me comes off as that.

Thoughts...

Not necessarily. Like in the case of Aungst, yes, he may of gotten a new job with the Blue Stars shortly after leaving the Cadets, but into a role with much less responsibility, and much more importantly, one that doesn't require spending a lot of time on tour, spending more time with his family back home.

where's the loyalty? Oh wait. (This is a joke haha)

I think I said this in another thread earlier but people move around for various reasons. I guess the "leaving for personal reasons" is the PC term for leaving a corps for another. Sure some people in a sense retire from corps to be with their family, but others leave for that reason but then go right back to it. Either that person truly wanted a fresh perspective or they were fed up with something inside the corps. Differences of opinion lead many people to move around.

This is why some people choose to march more than one corps.

Edited by hrnguy500

Not necessarily. Like in the case of Aungst, yes, he may of gotten a new job with the Blue Stars shortly after leaving the Cadets, but into a role with much less responsibility, and much more importantly, one that doesn't require spending a lot of time on tour, spending more time with his family back home.

I think people will be very surprised to find how much time Aungst actually spends with the Blue Stars. It is shaping up to be much more than people think, at this point looking like every camp and 3 + weeks of tour during the summer. It does bring into question the common response of someone leaving a corps to spend more time with family and other personal reasons like career etc... I think that is just becoming kind of a default, cordial statement to make when departing a corps.

Edited by BozzlyB

I'm not trying to start anything here at all but I would like to point out that it bothers me when some one says there's no loyalty, especially about a guy like Tom. He's a been a cadet for like 30 years, sometimes people just want something different, there's something exciting about moving on or starting over. I just find it disrespectful to question loyalty among corps staff or members because the truth of the matter is that if someone wasn't cutting it on a staff somewhere, then the adminstration would fire that person regardless of loyalty or tenure. So it works both ways.

Adam

Is there anybody in the top 12 keeping their staff?

Well keep in mind that in the case of the Blue Stars, Tom Aungst is an addition to the current staff, not the replacement of it.

I'm not trying to start anything here at all but I would like to point out that it bothers me when some one says there's no loyalty, especially about a guy like Tom. He's a been a cadet for like 30 years, sometimes people just want something different, there's something exciting about moving on or starting over. I just find it disrespectful to question loyalty among corps staff or members because the truth of the matter is that if someone wasn't cutting it on a staff somewhere, then the adminstration would fire that person regardless of loyalty or tenure. So it works both ways.

Adam

Yeah, I agree Big Adam. I would say to question Tom's loyalty to the Cadets would be well, stupid. :whistle:

Well keep in mind that in the case of the Blue Stars, Tom Aungst is an addition to the current staff, not the replacement of it.

2008 Post-Finals DCI Resignations/Staff Changes

Tom Aungst - The Cadets battery arranger, percussion caption head

Neil Larrivee - The Cadets front ensemble arranger

Mike McIntosh - Bluecoats music coordinator and battery arranger

Jeff Pearson - Santa Clara Vanguard corps director

Eric Sabach - Blue Stars corps director

Adam Sage - Phantom Regiment color guard caption head

Richard Saucedo - Cavaliers brass arranger

Jennifer Leseth - Carolina Crown color guard caption head

Bozzly--not arguing with you about your team (good get!), just wondering who that leaves at "status quo." I guess we can subtract the names above to get my answer--it was more of a rhetorical question. :whistle: