Are you used to it yet?

Boo??? A Phan??? Boo, you're a Cavies alum, no? I thought I owned that title...geez!

Well, they did allow me to march in the Cavaliers Anniversary Corps, which was open to Cavaliers alums exclusively. But maybe they made a mistake. I do have three years in the mid-1970s for which I can't fully account.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they did allow me to march in the Cavaliers Anniversary Corps, which was open to Cavaliers alums exclusively. But maybe they made a mistake. I do have three years in the mid-1970s for which I can't fully account.

Well, that was probably either on drugs or in a war. No other possible explanation really... :thumbup:

...Oh, and calling Boo a phantom homer is about as dumb as calling me a cavies honk.

Maybe if we trade, the world can get back on its axis.

Well, that was probably either on drugs or in a war. No other possible explanation really... :thumbup:

Was never in a war and never used drugs. But my three years in Cavaliers sometimes seem otherworldly.

I'm sure the Phantom Regiment wasn't shedding tears because they came away with the gold and secretly wanted someone else to have it. I'm also sure the Blue Devils weren't doing any cartwheels in the tunnel because they finished second. :thumbup:

I'm sure the Phantom Regiment wasn't shedding tears because they came away with the gold and secretly wanted someone else to have it. I'm also sure the Blue Devils weren't doing any cartwheels in the tunnel because they finished second. :thumbup:

True, but I've got to tell you I was in the press box with a number of Blue Devils friends from bluedevils.org and they were totally classy about the results because they fully understand the nature of competition.

It's not how one reacts when they win that makes them a champion. It's how they react when they don't win.

I was not wanting to see Devils get their umpeenth title. But unfortunately, they had the BEST show on the field finals night. Blue Devils won that night, regardless of what 9 people wearing green and khaki say. As has been proven many times this year, the judges haven't been in the game all season long.

However this year it has been pointed out to us on so many occasions.

According to whom?

Phantom had a very good show. A championship show, it wasn't, but it was a very good show.

Again, according to the people in the green shirts - not so much.

Other than the win at all costs Phantom Phaithful

If Phantom (and by proxy...their faithful) are win at all costs, why are we only celebrating the second title? If it was truly, win at all cost, then I would think we would have wrapped up 10-12 titles by now, no? (and before anyone else starts foaming at the mouth, that was a random number...)

I think when most people receive those dvd's they'll certainly see what they were too blind to see that Saturday night, that Blue Devils were the TRUE 2008 DCI CHAMPIONS. I was there and I knew. I think most of the people around me knew, but no one that I know of was hoping for BD to win. Most people are so jealous or envious of BD that any change is a relief, even if the corps crowned champion didn't honestly deserve it.

Funny, you have beat your drum (and torn your shirt) repeatedly about how classless the Phantom fans are but you are portraying the hypocrite perfectly now. The victor has been crowned and you take the opportunity to not recognize it. It's fine. We're used to it. Work in a hanging chad and some loose change, and maybe you can have a viral campaign on youtube. But, do me a favor, when you decide to come back and talk about how classless we fans are, please IM me. It makes it easier to forward to the mods as abuse.

And you have to admit, a good share of Phantom formers make up a larger than average share on this boards. I would say that Phantom is the most represesnted corps on these boards, with Madison a distant second.

I disagree. As I eluded to before, I think a good deal of Phantom Phormers post to what you say because you have nothing good to say about us or our corps. So, perhaps you see it is a disproportionate response of Phans to YOU, but only because from your mouth (or fingers in this case) spews nothing but hatred for Phantom.

I hope that you can enjoy your off season. You have your Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Vanguard, Cavaliers, Blue Devils and Cadets to look forward to.

Oh, and though you may not like the decision that the judges put on the sheets, theirs is the one that counts. So enjoy!

And silvertrombone, I agree - it still looks weird to me. It will sink in before too long, hopefully. :thumbup:

To claim that the fans in the stands were only cheering because they were "jealous or envious of BD" misses the mark by so much that the mark might as well be in another state. Perhaps they were in the wrong Memorial Stadium and spent August 9th on the campus of the University of Illinois?

Watch the announcement of scores - there are any number of great recordings out there. My favorite for this is one made from the Cavaliers' drumline during retreat. The crowd response is just deafening. Schadenfreude alone simply can't account for that. I was in Bloomington for one night, finals only, and the buzz every time Phantom was announced - even just when the line-up was announced prior to the show - was louder than the cicada storms we get here every 17 years.