Are you used to it yet?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... There were some monsters on that field this year. I can only hope all corps continue to strive towards that level. What a treat for we the fans if they do! :thumbup:

Absolutely!!!

Bring on 2009!

And may every corps have the best off-season it's yet had.

Its my freaking opinion, and he had to be a jerk and try to twist my words to make me feel bad about September 11th. That is so inappropriate its not even funny.

And I agree...I think when most people get their dvds they will understand that BD should have won. Yeah, Phantom was really entertaining. They had a great hornline and great drums, but their performance didn't quite match up with anything BD did, except for drums. When you watch the show, do you really think "Now THAT is championship caliber drill" or "Now THAT is something people will remember forever?" About the only section people will talk about in that show is the deaths, mainly the one at the end. I mean, it was a great show, but BD was clearly a notch ahead of Regiment in terms of performance. Look, I LOVE Regiment, and they are definitely my favorite drum corps. That has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't think they deserved to win Saturday night. Most people will, when they get the dvds, realize that although they really WANTED Regiment to win because they're tired of BD winning, that The Devils really did deserve that trophy more so than Regiment. Great drum corps, but I've seen that show many times since on the unnamed site, and I don't think "Wow, now THAT is impressive" on much of the show. I watch the Devils' freaking ridiculous marching, and amazing colorguard, and I think "Now that #### is clean!!!"

Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001. Sorry to disappoint you, Phans, but I just don't think the show is that great. Definitely not nearly as CLEAN as the Devils. I think the only reason Regiment won is because everyone WANTED them to win, not because they DESERVED to.

Like I said before, (Speaking for myself) I don't NEED the DVD to make a determination about this. I saw the show several times and I KNOW what I SAW and HEARD. Once again I, and alot of others, Have been following DCI (In my case almost since the begining) and I do believe I know what I'm watching and listening to and IMHO Regiment received EXACTLEY what they DESERVED! Like someone else said. Regiment WON! Yes ACTUALLY WON FAIR AND SQUARE!

Edited by Perry S

biggest travesty this decade in drum corps, ###.

don't be a tool.

There's no tool, in this pool.

ban_hammer.jpg

I still think it is a misprint. Definitely not an accurate judging of the finals performances that night.

Blue Devils were your true DCI 2008 champions.

It doens't matter what 9 judges that scored the performances before they even hit the field say.

Congrats BD!!!!!

Why, why oh why is it a "TRAVESTY" when the corps you are cheering for doesn't win ?

Sure you always want "YOUR" corps to be on top but that doesn't always happen.

You may think that "YOUR" corps had the better show but it's the judges that determine that. As much as I loved both BD and PR shows, I do think that Phantom had the crowd on their side, as was obvious at the end of their show and when the scores were read.

Maybe next year things will be different.

A great year for all corps, THANK YOU !!!!

Edited by Walter

I still think Blue Devils were the best overall corps of the season, but Phantom out did them on the night that counted the most.

Why all the hate from both sides?

BOTH WERE GREAT SHOWS!

I agree...and for the first time in a while, I actually REALLY liked both of the top two shows a lot. Congratulations to both of them for a great season!

I still think Blue Devils were the best overall corps of the season, but Phantom out did them on the night that counted the most.

Exactly....we beat Garfield once in 84....a week too early!

The Garfield memebrs themselves thought they lost the Finals show....winning was as much a shock to them as losing was to us.

Was I disappointed? Certainly....it took me 6 months to admit that I love the show that beat me....but I never though we got screwed or any such nonsense...the scores were simply too close except for in percussion and GE....it could'veeasily gone the other way.

There was no conspiracy or slotting....we got beat...our feet weren't quite up to snuff with SCV and Garfield (who tied for M&M).

BD's downfall in 08 was -- from everything I've read here -- percussion performance...ironically, it was drums that were low in 89 Regiment...another show many think should've been won by the 2nd place corps.

It's over....deal with it and move on....I'm STILL listening to Regiment 08 with great joy.

Maybe some of you should just sit back and enjoy the performance instread of worrying about placement.

Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001.

Boo??? A Phan??? Boo, you're a Cavies alum, no? I thought I owned that title...geez!

BD fans...I've been quite vocal about saying that I loved the show this year. I've also been quite vocal defending BD in the whole "BD is classless" discussion.

So...once again, I ask...

Phantom won...has it sunk in yet???

Get your own thread.

As for me, it just doesn't look right, my guys being 1st. Looks nice...really nice. May take years to sink in. Maybe they should do it 3-4 more times, just to make sure.

Its my freaking opinion, and he had to be a jerk and try to twist my words to make me feel bad about September 11th. That is so inappropriate its not even funny.

And I agree...I think when most people get their dvds they will understand that BD should have won. Yeah, Phantom was really entertaining. They had a great hornline and great drums, but their performance didn't quite match up with anything BD did, except for drums. When you watch the show, do you really think "Now THAT is championship caliber drill" or "Now THAT is something people will remember forever?" About the only section people will talk about in that show is the deaths, mainly the one at the end. I mean, it was a great show, but BD was clearly a notch ahead of Regiment in terms of performance. Look, I LOVE Regiment, and they are definitely my favorite drum corps. That has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't think they deserved to win Saturday night. Most people will, when they get the dvds, realize that although they really WANTED Regiment to win because they're tired of BD winning, that The Devils really did deserve that trophy more so than Regiment. Great drum corps, but I've seen that show many times since on the unnamed site, and I don't think "Wow, now THAT is impressive" on much of the show. I watch the Devils' freaking ridiculous marching, and amazing colorguard, and I think "Now that #### is clean!!!"

Sorry that Michael Boo had to try and make me look like a jerk because he's the biggest Phan in history, besides Chaos001. Sorry to disappoint you, Phans, but I just don't think the show is that great. Definitely not nearly as CLEAN as the Devils. I think the only reason Regiment won is because everyone WANTED them to win, not because they DESERVED to.

There are so many things in this post that are downright goofy. Do you really expect anyone to be you're a huge phantom fan. Pure, unadulterated BS... I cant count the number of times people start posts with 'normally im a huge fan of corps x, but i cant stand y'. Classic troll tactic. And yes, phantom was a notch up from what they've been in years past in terms of visual, and overall show design. The difference was that BD didnt get 10s in all the visual captions on finals night, which they didnt deserve anyway, and phantom actually got some credit for once. Oh, and calling Boo a phantom homer is about as dumb as calling me a cavies honk.