Saving CA Drum Corps

Well, it's looking like Arnie might be signing a California budget tonight. If so, we'll be asking for your support in ONE FINAL PUSH to ask him to veto SB 1369.

FYI, here are the latest interesting articles to read about the subject:

- Los Angeles Times

- Fresno Bee

With YOUR help WE are making a DIFFERENCE! :thumbup:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's looking like Arnie might be signing a California budget tonight. If so, we'll be asking for your support in ONE FINAL PUSH to ask him to veto SB 1369.

FYI, here are the latest interesting articles to read about the subject:

- Los Angeles Times

- Fresno Bee

With YOUR help WE are making a DIFFERENCE! :thumbup:

Both editorials are now on digg.com, please visit the site and "digg" these stories ...

An earlier attempt to contact the Governaor's office via e-mail bounced back, so this time I went right through the Governor's website. Using the Fresno Bee editorial as a source, here is the text of my e-mail.

Mr. Governor,

In 2003 you pledged to veto any gut-and-amend bill that had not gone through the policy committees of both chambers.

Sen. Gil Cedillo (D-Los Angeles) gutted a bill originally intended to address school lunch issues. He rewrote it to help the Catholic church with diminishing gaming income. He did this without any oversight, and the bill was passed by the Senate and the Assembly.

When the Indian Gaming people protested, an agreement was made to benefit both Indian Gaming and the church while effectively cutting the throats of small charities, many of whom rely solely on bingo to fund their organizations.

Indian Gaming is in no way threatened by small charities, yet they continue to wield their political clout to crush the little guy.

You once said, "There is no such thing as democracy in the dark." If you still hold true to those words, please veto SB 1369.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Perhaps instead of trying to appeal to the Governors legislative "sense" we should appeal to something near and dear to his heart. We should point out that if SB1369 posts thousands of Boys and Girls will have nothing to do and there for will become "Girly men" with da "flabby Muscles. If he vetoes the bill it will "pump them up" :tongue:

hans_franz.jpg

Perhaps instead of trying to appeal to the Governors legislative "sense" we should appeal to something near and dear to his heart. We should point out that if SB1369 posts thousands of Boys and Girls will have nothing to do and there for will become "Girly men" with da "flabby Muscles. If he vetoes the bill it will "pump them up" :tongue:

hans_franz.jpg

Somehow I think that appeal might be lost on him these days ...

arnold3.jpg

Write him and tell him to Veto SB 1369, or we'll vote his flabby butt out of office!

"When they send me the budget, I will veto it," Schwarzenegger said at a Capitol news conference, the Los Angeles Times reports. "If my veto is overriden," he said, " ... hundreds of bills will be vetoed."

If he vetoes SB1369, I will be throwing a celebration party!!!

"When they send me the budget, I will veto it," Schwarzenegger said at a Capitol news conference, the Los Angeles Times reports. "If my veto is overriden," he said, " ... hundreds of bills will be vetoed."

If he vetoes SB1369, I will be throwing a celebration party!!!

I think it just might forestall things, at best.

The Governor has been saying that he won't sign any legislation until the Legislature comes up with a budget that's acceptable to him ... Gov. Schwarzenegger vetoing the budget will just means SB 1369 will be sitting on a pile in his desk until he signs a budget.

Also glad he's vetoing this budget ... This BS of borrowing money from the tax payers by increasing withholding by 10% is not only wrong, it would never hold up in court.