Copycats

Since you brought up "You are my Sunshine," that tune was the opener for Suncoast Sound as well as Spirit of Atlanta in 1982. Although the two arrangements were drastically different they were adapted from the same Singers Unlimited version of the song.

And Suncoast's opener has a brief snippet of "You are the Sunshine Of My Life" as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen sops played the fancy lick at the beginning. Geneseo put it in the mallets.

Contest Guild called my guys (Bob Blomberg, Rita Kimberly, Sandy Perry, Mark Claro) "the hardest-working mallet line of the year" for that chart. They were basically playing runs for the entire opener. Worth a couple of listens if you can find it.

Contest Guild called my guys (Bob Blomberg, Rita Kimberly, Sandy Perry, Mark Claro) "the hardest-working mallet line of the year" for that chart. They were basically playing runs for the entire opener. Worth a couple of listens if you can find it.

Yeah those guys worked it to be sure. But I seem to recall, a certain bass drum line that year that was pretty darned good too. :laugh::worthy::thumbup:

In short, Geneseo was TOTALLY SCREWED IN 1983. GMICHAEL, SHOW SOME LOVE TO A BROTHER!!!!!!

More likely a coincidence...sometimes things go in trends...in 85 it wasn't just SCV that did color changes to teh unis in show....Avante Garde was one of them.

and if my memory serves me correctly 1985 was the year the FREELANCERS had the uniform color changes as well. I also remember a big ramp in the front of the field.

and if my memory serves me correctly 1985 was the year the FREELANCERS had the uniform color changes as well. I also remember a big ramp in the front of the field.

Urgh...y'know, for all the times I said that I actually HAD those unis in my garage, you'd think I'd remember!!!

I even used one for a Haloween costume while workiong a fencing tournament one year....it was fun to have people walk by my table and stop and say..."Wasn't the front yellow before??"

Garfield 1987 played themselves off the field at the end of their "Appalachian Spring" show. The following year, Blue Devils 1988 did something similar, with their reprise to "Since I Fell For You" (with all the sop solos). Although the styles are drastically different, I always wondered if that idea was copied.