Lucas Oil Stadium's first concert

davam

I think it will take some time and a few events for them to get the acoustics figured out. You will never know exactly what a venue will sound like or how it will react. So I'm sure many people are working on making the stadium a better performance venue, so I bet by the time Finals rolls around everything will be ready to go!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will take some time and a few events for them to get the acoustics figured out. You will never know exactly what a venue will sound like or how it will react. So I'm sure many people are working on making the stadium a better performance venue, so I bet by the time Finals rolls around everything will be ready to go!

I hope you're right, but I'm a little skeptical that they're even going to work on this from our POV, unless BOA or DCI says they want out of their deals because attendance at their championships is dropping due to poor acoustics. Truth be told, we're a relatively small gear in the financial works, compared to rock concerts and stuff, and nobody really cares about acoustics at rock concerts in arenas. They know acoustics will be bad in arenas, plus, every band has its own sound system, so trying to adjust acoustics for rock bands in arenas is a losing cause.

BOA will tell a lot, tho i dont think they will get the crowd DCI will. if it isnt a good sound for DCI, watch DCP explode finals week

if it sounds great, some will talk about it. I know I will, i've only ever been to one drum corps show in a dome and hated it.

20+K? concert side filled?

if so cool

There are 2 marching band events that will get crowds approaching what DCI will draw.

The ISSMA state finals on Nov.1, and BOA Grand National Finals 2 weeks later.

Marching band is more popular in Indiana than in many areas of the country.

Sandwiched in between those is a BOA regional on Nov. 8, which normally does not draw that well, and the first band event, this coming Saturday, which they call a "Sound Check", which consists of a sound check, or a non-competitive performance for 4 judges, or a full competition in the evening with a full BOA panel.