The funniest moment in DCI?

Yeah, it was a King two-valve piccolo soprano.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment's drum major body being dragged up to the front sidelines at finals :smile:

Very nice, I'd forgotten about that.

How about Crown's guard getting the wave started during retreat? :tongue:

The funniest things never happened on the field -

Here's one example (no this is not the FUNNIEST thing - my FUNNIEST thing is inappropriate for this, or any, message board) -

In 1984 one of the Blue Knights drivers picked up the nickname 'Wrong Way' because he would get lost at least once every other day. The other drivers started assigning him points (like demerits or something) every time he made a mistake. Little mistakes like missing a turn warranted a certain number of points. Big mistakes like getting on the interstate heading north instead of south drew even more points.

So.........down to about the last 10 days of the season and we've done the 'Key to the Sea' show in Toledo, OH and are heading out to our next show in Butler, PA. The corps rolls away from downtown Toledo and out onto the interstate. Wrong Way, for whatever reason, is still driving the lead bus this late in tour. About 45 minutes later the radio crackles "Hey, we're on I-75 going SOUTH......aren't we supposed to be on I-80 going EAST?"

At the next exit our entire convoy grabs the ramp, turns left, crosses the bridge, and turns left again to reverse our direction.

As we start down the on-ramp to get on I-75 NORTH back to I-80 we can see that we are being followed by the Crossmen convoy......also heading to the Butler show. They had made the mistake of following us out of Toledo.

The radio crackles - "Ummmmm, how many points is it when you manage to get two corps lost and not just one?"

The funniest things never happened on the field -

EDITED

The radio crackles - "Ummmmm, how many points is it when you manage to get two corps lost and not just one?"

We had something funny happen like that in 1994 with Freelancers. After one of the shows in Pennsylvania, we left for our next rehearsal site, also in Pennsylvania. Our tour manager from the year before was actually living in Pennsylvania at the time, so she had given the corps very specific directions on how to get to the rehearsal site. I'm not sure if the lead bus driver just didn't get those directions or what happened, but just about the time everyone on the bus fell asleep I see a sign that says, "Welcome to Delaware." Ummm... okay. I had never been to Delaware before. :tongue: Needless to say, the convoy got off the freeway at the next exit and reversed their direction. That's still one of my favorite "lost" moments with the corps. It was completely random.

"The funniest moment in DCI."

<Rip>. Whhhhhhhhhhhh. <Paper unfolding>

"What is Mike Boo doing his Carnac routine?"

<Audience groans.>

"May your sister fall for a snare drummer."

The Boonac routine at the DCW picnic was always one of my favorites and I'm thankful there are no recordings. That doesn't sound like one of my comebacks, though.

Here's one from 2005.

Statement: WE HAVE ONLY ONE MORE BOONAC.

(Applause and cheers)

Response: May the “American in Paris” criticize your taste in velvet Elvis paintings.

Answer: "The Carmen Project"

Question: Where do all the low-income Carmens live?

Fat lady getting eaten by the Shark...

/thread.