Staff members

Along with this, who has marched the longest at one individual corps? Didn't Cadets have an age-out in 07 who marched like 8 years? Phantom something similar I think.

I think I've heard him referred to as Fetus.

His real name is Daniel, if I'm thinking of the right person.

Edited by 07-Socks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with this, who has marched the longest at one individual corps? Didn't Cadets have an age-out in 07 who marched like 8 years?

Not even close.

Bryan Aller marched, legally, in the Kilties from 1954-1966. He also won six consecutive VFW I&E titles, and was never defeated in baritone bugle individuals.

And thirteen seasons in the same Jr. corps might not even be the world record. But until 9-year-olds start making DCI-corps auditions, it'll probably never happen again.

Well not to make Wayne feel old or anything :-) , but I am pretty sure he has been on BD's staff since 1976 so that makes 32 years. That is going to be tough to beat by most of DCI I am thinking except for maybe some directors.

Wayne Downey, one of the best known arrangers and instructors in the drum corps activity, has been with the Blue Devils since 1973.

Not even close.

Bryan Aller marched, legally, in the Kilties from 1954-1966. He also won six consecutive VFW I&E titles, and was never defeated in baritone bugle individuals.

And thirteen seasons in the same Jr. corps might not even be the world record. But until 9-year-olds start making DCI-corps auditions, it'll probably never happen again.

Our very own KansasDC on DCP marched 16 years with the Long Island Kingsmen before he aged out in 1980. I think that's pretty far to the right on the tail of the curve.

Along with this, who has marched the longest at one individual corps? Didn't Cadets have an age-out in 07 who marched like 8 years? Phantom something similar I think.

ME!! 16 years marching with the Long Island Kingsmen :tongue:. That's what Tim is talking about above. My son was really depressed when he realized he will only get to march 9 years in DCI :wub: !

Edited by kansasDC

The Blue Devils apparently have very long auditions. When Jerry Seawright contacted Wayne just to help out with them they lasted 35 years, and they're still going on! :tongue: When it comes to instructor longevity with the same corps I'll go with Wayne. :wub:

I think I've heard him referred to as Fetus.

His real name is Daniel, if I'm thinking of the right person.

You're thinking of the wrong person.

His name was Mat, and he marched 7 with Phantom and 2 elsewhere..

You're thinking of the wrong person.

His name was Mat, and he marched 7 with Phantom and 2 elsewhere..

Tomsa?

Along with this, who has marched the longest at one individual corps? Didn't Cadets have an age-out in 07 who marched like 8 years? <snip>

The '07 Cadet ageout you are referring to is my son, Michael Terry, who marched with Cadets for eight years, 2000-2007. He was a baritone soloist who also served as baritone section leader in 2005, horn sargeant in 2007, and also was named "Cadet of the Year" for 2007 (his ageout year). During his first few years in the corps, he carried the nickname of "Fetus" because of his young age (he was only 13 when he auditioned and made the corps and was the youngest member in the corps for his first three years).