Fantasy Marching Arts

hostrauser

Nebelgeist did well: 2nd at their show, High Music, 6th overall in FMA World Class

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 points over the Class A competition, 4th overall, Overall High Brass!!!! Not bad.

Inferno, World Class Drum Corps: won first 2 events, 25th out of 209 overall

Five Fiery Redheads, Class A Winter Guard: dead last in Class A (i kinda neglected them, but this should change at their next show)

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire, World Class Indoor Drumline: Finished last, last, and 6th of 7 in first 3 events; currently 31st of 47 lines (neglected them too, but I just used 120 turns on them, so they should be fine)

Nebelgeist has finished 2nd and 3rd in their first two competitions, winning High Brass (Winds) and High Music at both. Currently rated in #9 of FMA World Class Drum Corps (out of 209 so far).

Ghosts of the Fog got off to a bang-up start: won their first competition, swept all captions, and had the show's highest score (all classes). Currently rated #2 of FMA Open Class Indoor Drumlines (out of 61 so far), and (I think) 5th or 6th out of all drumlines, all classes.

Edited by hostrauser

I don't think I configured my groups right, none are doing too well. They all feature membership numbers at the low end of their respective classes.

INT is sitting around #78 in World Class - still in the top 50%, but not what I'm used to.

I'll spend this season fund raising, and reconfigure my numbers with hopes for better results next season.

Im thinking I made my show to easy... but with the money limitations, there wasnt much I could do about it. My ensemble scores for everyone sucks... but I dont see a way to reherse ensemble stuff....

Tennessee Nipples - 67th overall in World Class Drum Corps (out of 210)

Flonkerton - 6th overall in World Class Winterguard (out of 24)

Sons of Thunder - 9th overall in Open Class Drumline (out of 65)

Not bad, but like INT... not what I am used too... hopefully I can figure this stuff out soon.

Im thinking I made my show to easy... but with the money limitations, there wasnt much I could do about it. My ensemble scores for everyone sucks... but I dont see a way to reherse ensemble stuff....

Tennessee Nipples - 67th overall in World Class Drum Corps (out of 210)

Flonkerton - 6th overall in World Class Winterguard (out of 24)

Sons of Thunder - 9th overall in Open Class Drumline (out of 65)

Not bad, but like INT... not what I am used too... hopefully I can figure this stuff out soon.

To rehearse ensemble stuff, rehearse music and visual one at a time for each independent show section (with the occasional full show run-through thrown in).

Rehearsing fundamentals and the experience level of your sections seems to determine the individual scores.

Im thinking I made my show to easy... but with the money limitations, there wasnt much I could do about it.

PS: I felt the same way. I don't have a single portion of the show with more than a "2" level of difficulty, and it's pretty evenly divided, musically and visually, between level 1 and level 2.

Alex (site admin) warned people on the forums that the scores for the first season or two will probably be fairly low, until ensembles have enough experience and raise enough money to build bigger and harder shows.

My ensembles are doing pretty good, but I don't really have a formula. Just getting lucky right now I guess.

Shadow II is 2nd out of 46 Open Class Corps

Shady Lane Band is 64 out 83 Class A Bands (Not so lucky here)

Silhouettes is 3rd out of 31 Class A Winterguards

In the Shadows is 10th out of 65 Open Class Drumlines