corps shows in Canada

The last one I remember was Glassmen in 1999, and before that, Cadets and Crossmen in 1997.

I know (all too well) that a lot of Canadians don't consider Quebec a part of Canada, but I remember the Montreal shows in 1997 and 1998 were well populated by World Class corps. In 1998, I vividly remember Cavaliers and SCV off the top of my head (man did we share a heck of a free day with them in Montreal in 1998), and maybe Cadets as well in 98. The other Canadian provinces didn't attract Div. 1 corps for shows, but for some reason, at least in 97 and 98, Montreal did.

Dutch Boy has never had a problem crossing the border as far as I know, either way.

There is a huge market of drum corps alumni up here that would love to go to a World class show.

However, for every year they don't come up here the smaller that market gets.

I can't recall what we did when we went to Canada. Other than I dont remember doing anything special as a member.

Back in 1994 when we went to Canada we were told to all pretend we were sleeping when crossing the border. That way the chances were smaller of us being asked to all show ID. We had several members from Japan and we all taught them to answer the question of where they came from "United States of America"

The corps also had to carry copies of everyones birth certificate in case anything came up.

I am sure that it is much more difficult since 9/11 and that is why corps do not go up to Canada.

In '91 just the non-North American members had to get off the bus to show ID.

In 2005 Kiwanis was out of Florida

Kiwanis always maintained a Canadian mailing address, along with their setup in Florida.

I'm sure the border patrol knows Doug Darwin and the Kavaliers by name, they probably crossed the border more times than any other corps in DCI.