Thoughts/Prayers Request

:worthy:

Jumping on the bandwagon Jim !

I hope Kris feels better soon.

:worthy:

Pat

Thanks all, we really appreciate it.

Jeff, she's still at the Holy Hilton but waiting to see if she will be going to a Rehab facility to build up her upper body strength. If so, probably HealthSouth but Blue Cross denied the move yesterday which is a real WTF. So will talk to BC/BS today.

Marty, yep it really hurt. But hope your 8 year old doesn't know the words Kris used when she fell. :worthy:

So much for the week of vacation time I have to take by end of the year.....

Her spirits are good....

OK, Kris came home this past Thursday after checking herself out of the Rehab a day early. Can't say I blame her as the overnight staff needs more nurses. (long rant that could get me in trouble deleted)

She's home, she's bored, she's got a ten pond splint around the lower leg and she's got the dog. :smile: ...

And I'm off this week burning my "use or lose" vacation time.... :thumbup:

Thanks all....

Wasn't going to post but just bummed about the whole thing.

Thursday night my wife took a bad fall in the house and broke her shin bone.... in a few places.... For those of you who know or have met Kris know she has had left leg problems for some time now. Problems have led to operations and spending time flat on her butt, in a cast or immobilizer or using a walker or wheelchair. If you've seen my posts recently she even went to DCA Weekend using a transport wheelchair so she wouldn't miss everything. (And that was after she made sure I would be OK pushing her around.)

For the latest mess, she was operated on and the pieces have been attached to a plate and mostly it's a waiting period for the pieces to reknit. Currently she is in the hospital and should be at a rehab for a few days until it's safe for her to return home. Then it's absolutely no weight on the leg until it's totally healed. Anywhere from 8-12 weeks, so back to hopping with the walker. Of course we're both upset but her spirits seem better than expected.

Just letting our friends know and any thoguhts/prayers are appreciated.

All the best vibes I can muster, Jim! You guys stay positive...just find that perspective to enable quick healing, the body is an amazing thing!

Charlie

Edited by Charlie Groh

OK, Kris came home this past Thursday after checking herself out of the Rehab a day early. Can't say I blame her as the overnight staff needs more nurses. (long rant that could get me in trouble deleted)

She's home, she's bored, she's got a ten pond splint around the lower leg and she's got the dog. :thumbup: ...

And I'm off this week burning my "use or lose" vacation time.... :thumbup:

Thanks all....

tell her to feel better or else Wally may pop in with Stroh's