Interservice Academy Results!

All,

Congratulations to the Air Force Academy Drum & Bugle Corps on winning the Interservice Academy Drum & Bugle Corps show this evening in Thornton, CO. They placed first with a score of 81.85, taking high brass along the way. The Naval Academy came in second with a score of 80.7, taking high percussion.

Navy's show included "Mars, the Bringer of War", "American Elegy", an original drum solo entitled "Attack on Pearl", and closed with the "1812 Overture". Air Force performed "Olympic Fanfare" and "Malaga".

Youtube video of Navy's show coming soon...

Thanks!

Jeff

:thumbup: Congratulation :smile: Air Force :cool: Is the competition going to be in Annapolis in 2009? If so I can't wait to see them. 2007's show was great! Anybody have any additional reviews? Was the Coast Guard there?

:thumbup: Congratulation :angel1: Air Force :angel1: Is the competition going to be in Annapolis in 2009? If so I can't wait to see them. 2007's show was great! Anybody have any additional reviews? Was the Coast Guard there?

OK... so Air Force won the drum corps show..... but Navy won the football game!!!! :thumbup:

Fran

This is the first time Air Farce has won in how many years?

Jeff,

Fly Navy! Thanks for posting the results. I'm happy about the football game. Congratulations to both the USAF and USN.

I'd love to make it to an interservice championships sometime.

I had the great privilege of being one of the adjudicators for this competition. Both corps were spectacular and very evenly matched, albeit quite different in approach.

Navy had a classic "Phantom" look and sound while Air Force was highly reminiscent of Blue Stars in their early '70s incarnation. Both were extremely entertaining and impressive.

Jeff,

Fly Navy! Thanks for posting the results. I'm happy about the football game. Congratulations to both the USAF and USN.

I'd love to make it to an interservice championships sometime.

Cozy...I got to attend one of those championships at the USAF Academy...oh, maybe 10 years ago, roughly corresponding to the introduction of the B2 Bomber into service. So, in the course of the weekend they had "the game" preceded by a flyover which included the Bat-plane, a B-1 and a couple or three f-18's, like, REAL low, slow and LOUD...lemme tell you, THAT was an experience. We could only wonder what the Navy would trot out when the game was in Annapolis...like Battlewagons on the river along with nuke subs...hehehehe...serious intimidation!

Oh, the corps show was good, too, and the Coast Guard was there!

cg