Capital Sound to remain inactive in 2009

October 13, 2008To all Capital Sound marching members, friends and alumni:Capital Sound Drum Bugle Corps wants to thank you for your support during the 2008 season of marching inactivity. In order to best ensure the success of the drum corps and a long future, it is with...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=39

DCI imposes fines if a corps signed the agreement with DCI for the shows they were going to compete in, and then pulls out. I do believe it's $1000 per show.

DCI imposes fines if a corps signed the agreement with DCI for the shows they were going to compete in, and then pulls out. I do believe it's $1000 per show.

It sounds like if Cap Sound can get their organizational strength back, DCI would be willing to renegotiate the fines for missing committed to performances from 2008.

Cap Sound has been able to attract kids in the past. The Board is well established and has worked hard in almost every capacity in the past. Looks like new leadership is needed now that Gofstein has resigned. I believe this corps could be ready to field at least a parade corps by Spring 2009.

est of luck, Cap Sound, and we look forward to your strong return,when that happens.

will miss you cap sound!

looking forward to the day when all [former and present] MDBCA corps are back on the field, stronger then ever.

see yall in 010

er 2010

[can i jus say 10?]

Always a sad day to hear when a corps goes inactive. I wish Capital Sound good luck and a speedy return to the competitive arena!

-GM

• 3 months later...