Favorite Weird Shows of All Time

Sweet Lou

There is a Tate High School show from 1989 ( i think that's the year) and they had some whacked out props that turned into a big work of art at the end... hhmm this might have been in the early 1990s though... talented unit, but an odd production in terms of presentation.

I think that was 1991, the same year as Miamiburg's Candle in the Wind. It was interesting. I remember the first time I saw them and the props and saying "I wonder if those make a picture?" at the end of the show, I got my answer.

Kind of hard to pick weird shows though. There are so many that can be called "weird". I tend to remember some shows for the props they used or a special moment in the show. How about Psychotic? I would have to agree with ATXguard, I liked Bishop Kearney's Sybil show.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tongue: agreed.such a shanda that this group and their designer have been largely unappreciated by so many.

menagerie were just too far ahead of their time.it took a talented visionary like richard trueblood to attempt to break free from the confines of the times.as a public service wgi focus should conduct and publish an in-depth interview with mr. trueblood.

Hear, hear!

1991 Tate was "Disco Now - Disco 4 ever" I remember it being really fun but not all that wierd.

especially timely as we approach halloween,conquest did a spooky horror show using the music from the film "amityville horror".i think it was 1984.perhaps copyright laws prevent it from being offered "on demand".

Edited by dugg

especially timely as we approach halloween,conquest did a spooky horror show using the music from the film "amityville horror".i think it was 1984.perhaps copyright laws prevent it from being offered "on demand".

Yeah, I have this show on videotape somewhere--they cut somebody's arm off at the beginning, and the guard captain holds up a severed head at the end...

Yeah, I have this show on videotape somewhere--they cut somebody's arm off at the beginning, and the guard captain holds up a severed head at the end...

You can also view it - you know - don't make me say it - wink, wink, nudge, nudge - or as we would say it in French " C'est sur le site ou nous pouvons poster des vidéos gratuitement qui commence avec la lettre T" :smile:

Later,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have to go with Patriots in 1998. That show for some reason always floored me, in a very good and bizarre way. . .it's too bad that WGI won't allow you to vote for it in the fan favorite vote. . .b/c it deserves to be on there.

The show was enititled Life is a dream. . . it featured a makeshift roof, that at one point had mannequin heads bouncing and rolling down it.

as the show ends. . . a member goes to a dresser and pulls out the drawer only to reveal to the audience, that the inside of the drawer is an exact replica of the stage that the guard was performeing on. . .incudling their tarp, the roof, mannequin heads and staged exactly the same way in the drawer as it appeared live on the floor.

LOVED this show!!!

I agree - PAtriots 1998 is a show that deserves several viewings. AMAZING writing and ... well, the show is just fantastic!

What was the name of Stanley Knaub's group from the Northwest that took 2nd in Class A in Phoenix, 1977? There was a lot of bird chirping and the members were hanging off a giant four-sided trellis thing that looked like an oil derrick.

When Vinnie was at Bishop Kearney, their "Sybil" show was beyond bizarre, but everything about it worked. I loved the following year's Jackson Pollack show when the paint went flying everywhere. A few years later Vinnie brought out Eastside with "The Making of String Art" and the next year with the gas masks.

Someone mentioned Menagerie. They were the first group I remember rolling on the floor in unique ways. But they also used music of a young Michael Jackson, ("Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"), so......

San Jose Raiders' Patty Hearst show was way out there for its day. Wasn't that the first use of a floor cover?