Favorite Weird Shows of All Time

Sweet Lou

especially timely as we approach halloween,conquest did a spooky horror show using the music from the film "amityville horror".i think it was 1984.perhaps copyright laws prevent it from being offered "on demand".

you can catch the Conquest 84 show on colorguardhistoricalsociety.org

the guards (from what I have heard) owned the copyrights before 1986 and i have no idea about the music rights for that time.

show consisted of Amityville, "Burn" from Eyes of Laura Mars and "Zero to Sixty" by Pablo Cruise.

Great show but nonStop overkill weapon work yet a crowd favorite!

a creepy ghoul starts off by chopping an arm off of a member.

the ghoul was used for a few years and sort became a strange icon for the guard except in 83 when i marched.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weirdest show I ever saw was the one that Boo brought up. It was northwest passage in 1997 and they were in open. It was an ambient soundtrack with no music whatsoever. the performers used sounds and sighs for timing. The other one he mentioned was Eastridge HS in 2000. It was their Nostradamus show and they had huge floppy black pipes with baby powder and the whole guard wore gas masks. And there were a ton of plexiglass boxes. OUT THERE! Unfortunately you cant get the video.

Edited by DutDutOut

Two words for ya:

City Slickers

'nuf said.

The other one he mentioned was Eastridge HS in 2000. It was their Nostradamus show and they had huge floppy black pipes with baby powder and the whole guard wore gas masks. And there were a ton of plexiglass boxes. OUT THERE! Unfortunately you cant get the video.

i beleive that came from the "mind" of vincent monacelli [wgi hall of fame member]and it met with some controversy after wgi schoolastic eligibility rules came into play[someone please correct me if i'm wrong].

not sure if there is a correlation or not but i refer you to the wgi rule that now states:the use of powder or any other airborne substance that lingers in the competition area shall be strictly prohibited.penalty:disqualification. :tongue:

boston regional/lynn lindstrom/vince=drama! :worthy:

Edited by dugg

Two words for ya:

City Slickers

'nuf said.

It's odd, but just as I never thought of Bridgemen as "weird," I also never thought of City Slickers that way. Irreverent? Unconventional? Hilarious? Yes to all three. But when I think of weird, I think of those shows that made people sit there and go, "Huh?" I don't think City Slickers ever had that kind of impact on anyone. Usually we were too busy howling with laughter.

If by weird you mean that they prompted the question, "Did they actually do that?" Then yeah, City Slickers (and some other notables) certainly fill the bill. But for me, City Slickers would go under a different thread: Favorite Entertaining Shows of All Time.

Edited by byline